Author Topic: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue  (Read 10282 times)

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 16:41:40 »
Impossible to tell at this point. It's depicted the same way as the other one was. Would be nice if it was in glow in the dark plastic, but seems likely to just be the same clear.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 18:02:40 »
Impossible to tell at this point. It's depicted the same way as the other one was. Would be nice if it was in glow in the dark plastic, but seems likely to just be the same clear.

At first I was convinced he was the same... and I'd prefer that! We have sooooooo many dragons now....

If different, will need to try ds...

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 19:25:18 »
Did you notice that castle 9240 has just ONE defender? :o The poor guy is set against two assailants but doesn't have enough hands to operate all his defensive gear.

I think this is the first time that a full castle (small, but whole nonetheless) is sold with knights from two factions, critically reducing the number of each. Quite a departure from the normal arrangement (castle + occupants, no enemies), but I guess it makes sense to bring a complete, battle-ready set to the shelves. Or are they shooting themselves in the foot by removing the key incentive why shoppers would purchase a second knights set?

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 19:27:19 »
I've had confirmation from Kerstin that this can be discussed publicly. ...  but talking about what's in the sets publicly is totally OK.

Warning: Not on Klickywelt, a few overthere can´t stand it if you even dare to mention where info about new releases can be found, especially when it is in the PCC ...   8} ::) )

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 19:31:11 »
Warning: Not on Klickywelt, a few overthere can´t stand it if you even dare to mention where info about new releases can be found, especially when it is in the PCC ...   8} ::) )

The reactions were quite outrageous on Tuesday. Thanks for starting the show! :lol:

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 19:54:25 »
Did you notice that castle 9240 has just ONE defender? :o The poor guy is set against two assailants but doesn't have enough hands to operate all his defensive gear.

Yes, I noticed... I don't like these castles (been saving me a FORTUNE!) and this one is even lamer.

Warning: Not on Klickywelt, a few overthere can´t stand it if you even dare to mention where info about new releases can be found, especially when it is in the PCC ...   

Ah.... So that was it... I understood very little of it, but there was someone REALLY upset... I just didn't really get WHY, since the thread had no info at all that I could see.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 20:21:10 »
I too think that the dragon is just clear (the same as the ice sculpture one).

That castle (or outpost perhaps) has a serious defence problem. Not only is there a sole knight defending against two attackers and some kind of magical, possibly invisible dragon, but... the walls are so weak that a crossbowman managed to break out a giant part of them, and the knight left the main gates open, the chest of treasure open, is standing outside the protective walls, and has to deal with a spontaneously-releasing scorpion/ballista. :D
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 20:27:35 »

That's why he's heading out. No sense in staying there to fight a battle he'll lose.

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 21:50:59 »
So do we want to start a new public thread, or just ask mods to move this one? There are pics up at Klickywelt of catalog photos as well now.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 05:03:19 »
So do we want to start a new public thread, or just ask mods to move this one?

I hope they can move this one.

Best wishes
StJohn