Author Topic: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue  (Read 10281 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 20:16:14 »
A lot (too much) of "take-along" sets, even the walls in the new shopping sets look take-alongish even if they probably are not intended that way.
And a small polar theme with 2 "Icepirate"-attack vehicle sets? Even the polar station has an anti-(air)craft missile battery...  ::)
I´m not against such toy-weaponry at all, but these things belong in other themes.

Besides some nice klickies (Inuit f.e.), the animal-bags and some accessories here and there, I´m not much impressed by the novelties for end 2016 - start 2017.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 20:50:25 »
I've had a chance to look at the new items in a "proper" manner... WOW.  I love the detail on some of the new Klickies.   I am thoroughly impressed with the new aquarium theme.  I like the new shopping sets.  I'm not so much on the pirate portion of the arctic sets, but new polar bear  :love:

Why oh why do we put 4 baby penguin chicks with 2 adults????? Penguins only have 1 chick at a time.  Oh and baby pelicans  :love: :love:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 22:01:37 »
There are definitely some great sets here. :) I might try to pick up some of the new History theme sets.

Since Series 11 of the Fi?ures still hasn't been announced, it could turn out to be the end of them after all. :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 22:42:38 »
Since they are only doing one Figure series a year now, it wont be announced until the main 2017 catalog is. This is the 2016-17 catalog - so just includes the releases through February or March and not the main new lines for next year.
My hope is that by doing only one series a year they will be more creative and put more money into new molds for it. It's a hope...

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 02:28:44 »
Arctic theme - cool
"Ice Pirates" - ludicrous

I hadn't noticed that Caesar's armor is a new design, and a very nice one too. Looking forward to that set. Also a nice graverobber set with more useful Roman civilian figures. Eventually the Colosseum stands will be full.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:01 »
Since they are only doing one Figure series a year now, it wont be announced until the main 2017 catalog is. This is the 2016-17 catalog - so just includes the releases through February or March and not the main new lines for next year.
My hope is that by doing only one series a year they will be more creative and put more money into new molds for it. It's a hope...

Well, that does make sense. :) I hope that's still the case too; it'd give me more time to find each series. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 12:05:18 »
Cupcakes and huskies!  :love:

The cupcakes are a bit huge though, and I don't know what is going on with the polar sets. Flaming arrows and Tardis igloo?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:13 »
Ice pirates are flinging fireballs in the arctic - are they being nice or nasty? Odd choice either way.
Love the King sitting on his throne waiting for the woman to change in front of him. ;D

Overall, too many flaming balls of fire across the sets, couldn't they at least mix it up a bit with frozen chunks of ice, gas (requires imagination) and so on? Not sure the castle is the best thing to have so many lights on either.

Very much like the Prince's hair and the flexible Rapunzel hairpiece.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 14:34:37 »
I've had confirmation from Kerstin that this can be discussed publicly. Please don't share any images from PCC or the digital catalog until the catalog is on Playmobil.de but talking about what's in the sets publicly is totally OK.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 14:49:30 »
I've had confirmation from Kerstin that this can be discussed publicly.

Good, pics were on THAT site before I opened the topic here, anyways...

So, you think the baby dragon/wyvern is the same from the ice sculpture, Tiermann? I have doubts because of the apparent "glow in the dark" gimmick...