Author Topic: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue  (Read 10283 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 21:04:39 »
There is another question.. The prices of the latest steck buildings to be released on ds have been crazy. AND sometimes the set lacks the point - like the Bell-less bell tower. It costs a fortune, and doesn't bring the parts that are truly unique. So... kinda misses the point.

I was all eager to buy me a couple (though I believe I have all of it from lots and such), but when I saw the price tag AND the missing bell+support I changed my mind.

The western farm and Colorado are just plain too expensive - at least for me (and again, I have them already)...

I instinctively completely agree with you on the price thing - I must admit that I've idlely wondered if it works out cheaper to order a whole building via spare parts. But then I thought about it more today, and then I did a quick comparison on prices. Colorado Springs at £55 works out at between £30-35 in 1995 money (using RPI). I know for a fact that the Victorian Mansion retailed at £100 in 1990 - between £185-200 in 2015 prices. I'm not particularly making a point (except to justify extravagent Playmobil purchases to myself?!) - except that these sets are no more expensive in real terms than they were when they were released. I guess just the 'general' lines have got better in value.

I do think they're missing a trick by focusing on 'bigger' sets, though hopefully the Piano player is a sign of things to come

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: PREVIEW: 2016/2017 Novelties & Assortment Catalogue
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2016, 10:26:11 »
But many of the re-issued stuff is missing the original klickies, which Im sure should have a bearing on the rrp.

Either way I am not too bothered, first because I love catching up on the old stuff that i never got when i was a child, secondly, compared to other toys, and i collect A LOT, playmobil is probably the least expensive product I collect.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."