Author Topic: Playmobil will launch a Ghostbusters line in 2017  (Read 13448 times)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
Playmobil will launch a Ghostbusters line in 2017
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:12:09 »

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Playmobil will launch a Ghostbusters line in 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:44 »
OMG!
I have mixed feelings about this new licensed things.  :-\
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:48:58 »
WHAT!?

I'd have mixed feelings about some licenses.. but...

:(

... cause I care nothing about that movie. I believe there is a new one, with only women. Who wants to bet that if they make klickys, they will be mostly (if not all) male?

That's not saying that the klickys don't potential. They may. As something else.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 13:32:34 »
Ugh. Why?!  :hmm:

I don't think Playmobil should fall down the licensing rabbit hole, but if they must, why Ghostbusters? It's so passé, and the new movie doesn't look great.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 13:49:23 »
I think they took this particular license because it could easily be translated in Playmobil and they probably hope to bring in some fans of the franchise.

They already know how to make a fire stations and vehicles so they'll probably reuse some items they already have.

Maybe they're trying licensing since it's what saved Lego in the late 90's. If Ghostbusters turns out to be a success for them they might go for other themes.

In the end, it won't stop them from continuing their regular lines, so I don't think collectors have anything to fear from this change of direction.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 15:09:56 »
Confirmed at PCC that it's a toy line for 2017. I have to wonder how it will go. I guess we will see. The ghosts will be useful for my Halloween theme.  If they are going to go down the licensing route they should really go with the mainstream  proven properties and that means Disney these days. Would I buy an official Playmobil Stars Wars line? Yes, yes I would

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 15:17:11 »
If they are going to go down the licensing route they should really go with the mainstream  proven properties and that means Disney these days.

Yes, such an odd choice...

Would I buy an official Playmobil Stars Wars line? Yes, yes I would

I'm not really a SW fan.. but I always loved the Stormtroopers... And I am a big fan of The Clone Wars!

My wallet is MOST COMPLETELY against that.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 16:31:40 »
The sets have a good chance of being geared toward adult collectors as kids today aren't really ghostbusters fans...  My kids are, but I also show them stuff I want to watch instead of letting them pick...  :)  I think niche movies an tv like ghostbusters, back to the future, and possibly even he-man make sense for playmobil as it is more of a niche toy to begin with... Non current licenses are also a lot less expensive...so older films make sense all the way around.
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 16:34:37 »
Would I buy an official Playmobil Stars Wars line? Yes, yes I would

If that became a reality,  TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

With that said, I'm interested in seeing what they do with the Ghostbusters line... I'm interested in Ecto-1 and Slimmer and the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man

I see this as a huge attempt to become more successful in the adult collectible market, and the US market.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 16:39:54 by leefert »
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 17:07:20 »
Xxl stay puffed and  good excuse for xxl statue of liberty for ghostbusters 2  :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.