Author Topic: Secret Santa 2011?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
Secret Santa 2011?
« on: November 07, 2011, 17:27:45 »
Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I've last visited the forum, sorry for that.  :-[

I was wondering if there were any plans for a secret santa for this year? The holiday season is approaching and I've always found it a great way to share the holiday spirit, to get to know eachother and of course to give and get a clicky!  ;D

I'd like to hear your thoughts about this, if it's still possible to organize and if you'd participate?

Cheers,

Gaetano
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Secret Santa 2011?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 17:32:00 »
Hi Gaetano!
It would be a nice idea  :love:.... we mods talked about it a little bit, but now so close to Xmas I see it a bit difficult to organize.
 :hatoff:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 17:39:20 »
Hmm... Perhaps we could extend the 'deathline' towards the second week of January for example instead of Christmas? (I believe this was the case in my first secret santa.) That would give us some more time?  ???

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 19:09:53 »
In the past we've not done it as  Christmas thing here, but more as a New Years gift. We could look at doing Valentine's Day maybe? That would be mid-February so plenty of time.

What would probably make most sense for here would be to do it for Friendship Day - in 2012 it's August 5. That's quite a while at this point though, but it's worth thinking about.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 20:02:08 »
I think a Secret Thingamabob would be great!  :D

(I say Thingamabob because it sounds like it wont be fore Christmas, therefor not a Secret Santa.) ;)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 20:10:47 »
I do not know what this all implies exactly, but sounds good! :hatoff:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 20:43:09 »
In the past we've not done it as  Christmas thing here, but more as a New Years gift. We could look at doing Valentine's Day maybe? That would be mid-February so plenty of time.

What would probably make most sense for here would be to do it for Friendship Day - in 2012 it's August 5. That's quite a while at this point though, but it's worth thinking about.

Any date would be great as long as the basic concept is there.  :) Perhaps if the event would be placed in the months when new sets are arriving (january-march, july-september for example), members could use the parts from those sets as an extra novelty?

Conniefrere:
it's basically a klicky swap. If you enter, you'll get assigned to another member. According to his/her interests, you can make something personal. (Usually a clicky) You have to send your personalised present to that member before a certain date. In the meantime, someone has made something for you according to your interests, and has sent his/her package to you.

Both the present itself and the member who has sent it will remain a surprise until it arrives. Usually people then post images of the present they received, which might involve a story of arrival for example.

Gaetano

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 20:47:12 »

Conniefrere:
it's basically a klicky swap. If you enter, you'll get assigned to another member. According to his/her interests, you can make something personal. (Usually a clicky) You have to send your personalised present to that member before a certain date. In the meantime, someone has made something for you according to your interests, and has sent his/her package to you.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) I like it.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 21:41:32 »
that sound really interesting
ryan :blackhair:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 22:18:39 »
Count me in  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).