Author Topic: any news about may's secret sets?  (Read 19085 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: any news about may's secret sets?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 13:17:53 »

You have been a very, very good boy, Cachalote ... ;)

You only have one more week to wait for mid-May ...  8}

Hopefully, Playmobil will NOT disappoint you ... :prays:

But, if they do ... I promise that I will go out and buy a Lego set in protest ...  :hehe:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 14:20:07 »

But, if they do ... I promise that I will go out and buy a Lego set in protest ...  :hehe:

LOL! I've been on holiday in Wales and Dorset much of the last 3 weeks, so I've been visiting Toymaster toyshops and seen a few Lego sets that look remarkably like Playmobil sets, even the composition of the box photograph. e.g. the Policeman on a motorbike. I've got a pic somewhere when I have time to post it.

I've also noticed that some Lego sets boast quicker assembly to allow quicker play with the finished article. Seems to me if you're only going to assemble it once and then keep it for play, Playmobil is the better choice of product.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 14:51:19 »

I've also noticed that some Lego sets boast quicker assembly to allow quicker play with the finished article. Seems to me if you're only going to assemble it once and then keep it for play, Playmobil is the better choice of product.

Ain't that the truth !!!

However, Martin ... if they disappoint Cachalote ...
There are 31 days in this month. So, if there's no announcement from Playmobil by Friday (16th) ...
I'm going to follow through with my promise and buy a Lego set this coming weekend! ...
:(

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 18:30:46 »

Now doens't that look a lot like the Playmobil Police bike?

With apologies for the focus, I only got one shot and it looked fine when I took it.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 00:40:23 »
I know there is a lot of toy rivalry but you might be looking for a long shot here . The Playmobil is not some sort of creative genius . Did they not just look at a real Police Motorcycle and duplicate it ? Then Lego did the same . Both toys look to the real world and imitate it in toy version .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 01:54:21 »
However, Martin ... if they disappoint Cachalote ...
There are 31 days in this month. So, if there's no announcement from Playmobil by Friday (16th) ...
I'm going to follow through with my promise and buy a Lego set this coming weekend! ...
:(

Unless Cachalote releases you from your promise ... Y' know: if you owe your life to a man, and he releases you, you are no longer obliged to serve him as a slave. 8}

;)
 ;D

:no: longer, no

Another thing you might do would be to offer this sacrifice to someone who may come to like it: send the box by mail to Rasputin! :yup:

::)
 8-)

:lol:

G.--
 0)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 04:49:48 »

Unless Cachalote releases you from your promise ...
Another thing you might do would be to offer this sacrifice to someone who may come to like it: send the box by mail to Rasputin! :yup:

A "promise" is a promise, Gus ... :yup:

And, if Playmobil does NOT come through with their promise for Cachalote, then I will not inflict my protest on Rasputin or anyone else. I will buy a Lego set and keep looking at it as a reminder that Playmobil failed Cachalote ...  :'(

I keep my promises , let's see if Playmobil keeps their promise. (Only 2 i/2 days to mid month) ...  :hmm:

All the best,
Richard the Promise Keeper

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 02:40:53 »
Too late i already buy plenty of Legos , and my kids love the San Diego lego land  :love: I guess i got sick of my middle child ripping apart the playmobil so we got him a mountain of legos to create with .

Although i do not have that set , I will probably get the motorcycles from the Indiana Jones set . :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 03:49:17 »

It is now "mid-May" ...  :)

Has anyone seen anything "new" from Playmobil?

I wonder if I'll have to buy that Lego set this weekend?

All the best,
Richard the Promise Keeper

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 08:39:17 »
this should be considered the last day of "mitte mai".  :yup:
nothing new on the .de site ...  :'(
nothing new on other forums ...  :'(
maybe we should wait util european business closing hours.  8}
in this case thre are still 9 hours of hope and finger-crossing.
  ::)
    honni soit qui mal y pense