Author Topic: any news about may's secret sets?  (Read 19087 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: any news about may's secret sets?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 20:18:04 »
on the other hand the flyboat and the hoovercraft were revealed at the same time as the mystery sets were introduced. It would be a bit odd to put up two "mystery" sets and then show them at the same time elsewhere...

Besides; the flyboat and hoovercraft are already available and it's definitly not yet May!

Just my own 0.02 worth ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 02:52:18 »
o.k. my friends, it is now may the 1st.  :yup:
the german playmobil site has nothing new.  >:(
klickywelt (although i can't understand a word of german) is also silent.  >:(
does any of you have any news about these "mitte mai" secret sets?  ???
i am getting nervous about this and the possibility of a new pirate emerging form the blue shadows.  8}
god! i hate secrets...
  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:16:25 »
You're too early, I think.  I'm sure "mitte mai" means "mid-May" so you've another two weeks to wait.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 06:54:09 »
Bugger !!! You're right, Playmofire  :-[

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 10:44:18 »
 :-[ i hoped middle-may could mean mid-day on may 1st...

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 02:08:57 »
::) meanwhile, in the playmobil.de web-page, a "new" set is announced:

Jetzt zugreifen:
Exklusives Angebot: Pirates Hideout
(solange Vorrat reicht)

if you click it - http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Link-Product?pid=5782 -  an image of the american 5782 pirates's hideout released lest year appears.

:hmm: could this be one of the "secrets" announced for middle may.
 :( if this is the case i am terribly disapointed.
 >:(the set already exists on the other side of the atlantic, there is nothing new to it and the "limited edition" announced is nothing more than the selling of a surplus stock.
 :'( i hope i am wrong, i really do...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 04:11:51 »
I was wondering why they would call that an exclusive set on the german site ? That set was at Target and now is at TRU in the US ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 05:37:58 »
OTOH the UK site has several new modern vehicles available, plus a car wash and garage sets, and the 4320 Compact RC-Module-Set  for the first time I think. I'm very tempted to get one as I have several RC compatible vehicles.

These were showing on 1st May, and were scheduled for a May release.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 05:59:44 »
OTOH the UK site has several new modern vehicles available, plus a car wash and garage sets, and the 4320 Compact RC-Module-Set  for the first time I think. I'm very tempted to get one as I have several RC compatible vehicles.

These were showing on 1st May, and were scheduled for a May release.
I called in at my local PM shop yesterday (1st May) to ask when the May releases would arrive, and they were already out on display!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 02:09:33 »
 :hmm: after close consideration i decided the 5782 set can't be the secret set announced for mid-may:
- it the german site it appears as a bestell-katalog set - a direct service one if i understand right - without a cardboard box envolving it;  :yup:
- geobra would never let me down in this way, announcing a new special secret set (i think it's the first time they do it) and then present an old one from across the atlantic.  :yup:

i am saying this (particularly the 2nd statement) more to reassure myself than anything else.  ;)

maybe if geobra knows about this anxiety, they will quickly produce at least one pirates' secret special set in time, totally new, just not to disapoint this loyal fan:
 :yup: - one that buys all their pirate sets without hesitation;
 8} - one that loves to pay fortunes for sets made in u.s.a., including shipping costs and custom taxes, only to find out later that the same sets become available in europe;
 ::) - one that defends them against all bad reviews posted in forums;
 0) - one that never complains about defective parts;
 0) - one that never comments on awful color schemes;
 ;D - one that thinks that all their ideas are great and never bothers them with suggestions for new sets;
 0) - one that does not complain about the progressive shortening of parts included in each new set and the progressive growth of the box sizes;
 :-[ - one that didn't even notice the absence of real string in the most recent ships rigging and the absence of real metal in their anchors...