Author Topic: Supermarket Shoppers  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Supermarket Shoppers
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:40:25 »

On Friday I spent a while helping my daughters put together the large Supermarket #3200 along with all the other sets we have from that theme, including the expansion set #7589.

We also set up a hair salon next door using #4413 and the small City House #3959.

As I was passing yesterday, I noticed that Dayna (8) had set up some really sweet little scenes with the shoppers and their children, so I snapped a few quick pics. :)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Supermarket Shoppers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:42:27 »

Some more...

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:42:57 »

And finally...

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:01:19 »
Lovely activity!

My favourite must be hungry boy, closely followed by the two children paying on the shopping trolley while their mother is distracted.

The licorice allsorts bottle look good - is that an original Playmo piece or a custom?

My only concern is the price of everything! :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:14:15 »
Your daughter has an excellent eye for detail and also demonstrates the creativity of Playmobil  (and you've done a great with the photos too, Sylvia).

I shall now go back and have a closer look and take it all in picture by picture.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 13:06:16 »
Thank you both for your comments! I will pass them on. :)

My favourite must be hungry boy, closely followed by the two children paying on the shopping trolley while their mother is distracted.

I was surprised that the little boy could hold so many boxes of biscuits! I'm told there's a bit of blu-tac helping to support them but it's very well hidden. ;D

The licorice allsorts bottle look good - is that an original Playmo piece or a custom?

Well spotted! That is a dollshouse miniature which I picked up at a local fair several years ago. Before the advent of the supermarket set and the other Playmobil shops, I was often looking for foodie-type items that were similar in scale to Playmobil. We also have some Sylvanian Families bits and pieces - bread loaves, cakes, bottles, etc - and the girls often mix these in with the Playmo accessories. They're slightly over-sized by comparison, but it doesn't seem to bother them. ;)

Btw, the girls are very keen to create a small "sweetie shop," so I'm thinking of ordering a pile of jars from the DS and creating labels with jelly beans and other kinds of candy treats. I've already ordered the Corner Store add-on as I think the shelving and counters will be perfect for this. 8-)

I would also have to work out a way of creating some chocolate bars. I guess the gold ingots would be a bit too large... perhaps bank notes painted silver with wrap around stickers would do the job? :)

My only concern is the price of everything! :)

Tonia (11) asked me to write that on the blackboard. ;D Incidentally, I'm glad I didn't have to write individual prices for everything. It's bl***y difficult to write anything on plastic with those white pencils supplied in the sets. 8}

Your daughter has an excellent eye for detail and also demonstrates the creativity of Playmobil  (and you've done a great with the photos too, Sylvia).

As you can see, the long blue trolley from the greenhouse is very useful for transporting the supplies from the van to the shop more quickly than the small wheeled trolley. :)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 23:53:32 »
I love them, and my girls enjoyed seeing them too.  Great details.  I had to promise to set up the dollhouse again if they'd just not ask for a supermarket!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:53:45 »
Lovely scenery :love:
How nicely everything it set up ...

--

:lol: Yes, that's a child's dream: receiving an ice cream with a very big ice cream scoop  :yup:

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 22:46:17 »
Darn!  I was just getting my want list to a controllable size and now I see how nice the supermarket set is!!    :inlove: Guess that will be number 96 on the old list :lol:  I'll never get saved up for the Pirates in September or the church set next year.....what ever will I do?  I may have to go back to work.

Very nice work girls, all of you deserve an ice cream for your efforts!!

Janice
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 22:59:24 by Janice »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:39:26 »

I would also have to work out a way of creating some chocolate bars. I guess the gold ingots would be a bit too large... perhaps bank notes painted silver with wrap around stickers would do the job? :)

Silver only?  No plain chocolate then? ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”