Author Topic: Supermarket Shoppers  (Read 10553 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Supermarket Shoppers
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:55:49 »
Your daughters certainly have an eye for detail! I too liked he children playing on the cart while their mother was busy but all the scenes have real depth and balance, good job.

Gepetto

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 13:01:11 »
Thank you all for looking at the photos! The girls are glad you enjoyed them. :)

It would be great to have a room where we could set up everything permanently, but I fear that the supermarket will eventually have to go back in the cupboard again due to the lack of space in our living room. The kids bedrooms are also too small to allow enough play-space. *sigh*

I love them, and my girls enjoyed seeing them too.  Great details.  I had to promise to set up the dollhouse again if they'd just not ask for a supermarket!

lol
I know what you mean. I almost dare not show my daughters photos of other members' collections or the pics of new sets that are coming. They always see something else they'd like to have. 8}

Silver only?  No plain chocolate then? ;D

That would be gold foil with a red wrapper, I assume?  ;)
I'll add it to the list. :yup:

I think I'm going to have as much fun creating the sweet shop as they will have playing with it. ;D

edited spelling error (before Richard spots it! ;))

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 14:47:18 by Sylvia »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 17:33:44 »
I've just had another look through the pictures and they get better every time.  I noticed for the first time in the coffee shop photo the little boy with the copy of the Playmobil history of the world book (I think that's the one) and the suntanned family in the checkout picture.  Where do they come from, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 11:26:56 »
I noticed for the first time in the coffee shop photo the little boy with the copy of the Playmobil history of the world book (I think that's the one)

That comes with the supermarket. Part number 30 89 9120

It does look a bit similar to Richard Unglik's book. Hadn't noticed that before.
But I think this mini version is something different as it has the word "SPACE" on the front cover.

... and the suntanned family in the checkout picture.  Where do they come from, please?

The little girl is from the Family Yacht set: 30 11 1210
Her mum is originally from an Airport set but she's had her hair 're-styled': 30 14 3060  :)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 16:18:40 »
I love displays in general and this one is great!
This is really the way I like it best: there is something happening everywhere and everyone is doing

Bogro

... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 16:23:14 »
That comes with the supermarket. Part number 30 89 9120

It does look a bit similar to Richard Unglik's book. Hadn't noticed that before.
But I think this mini version is something different as it has the word "SPACE" on the front cover.

The little girl is from the Family Yacht set: 30 11 1210
Her mum is originally from an Airport set but she's had her hair 're-styled': 30 14 3060  :)

Thanks, Sylvia, on to my next DS order they go. :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 07:36:11 »
Thanks, Sylvia, on to my next DS order they go. :)

Sounds as if your DS order is going to be rather large, Playmofire  :lol:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:09:00 »
Sounds as if your DS order is going to be rather large, Playmofire  :lol:

Bogro

It usually is! ;D  It also is usually delivered by the same Parcel Force driver so we always have a chat as the regular Playmobil boxes intrigues him.  He seems to be a bus fan and his latest buy is a large scale Routemaster London bus.  A few weeks after placing I always keep an eye open at breakfast time for the red Parcel Force van coming along the road to the village.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 18:48:07 »
Wow!  Looks like a real grocery store!

The man at the beauty parlor has a lot of guts. 

My wife conned me into going to one in China, and after the concluding shoulder massage, in which the male masseur's, er, member kept poking me in the back, I vowed never to return!

My wife says that couldn't possibly have happened.

-Tim

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 20:02:01 »
My wife says that couldn't possibly have happened.

;D

Hmmm.... that story has given me an idea. ;)

We could build on an extra room for the salon with massage beds and masseurs!

I doubt that Playmobil would bring out an add-on set like this but it could easily be created with existing parts. The bed from the operating theatre without the blanket would probably do the job.