Author Topic: 2020 US Catalog Online  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
2020 US Catalog Online
« on: January 10, 2020, 00:59:20 »
2020 US Catalog Online at https://www.playmobil.us/content/katalogviewer/KatalogViewer.html

Scooby Doo - first two in May, the rest in August. Mystery Figures say Series 1 so implies there may be more later.
Back to the Future also in May

The unannounced new Construction Series is out in the US in August. That's unexpected.

New Police sets in May, Fire sets in August

Some Novelmore sets are out now, the second series of them will be out in August

Also unexpected, the new Pirates series is out in May

Spirit camping series is out in May, Spirit winter sets are August

Everdreamerz are in March, it confirms that there are the main ones, then a surprise mystery pack set of 12 with one of them being a deliberate chase item. i strongly dislike chase items. Those are figures that are deliberately short packed in cases making them harder to get.

Advent calendars include the pirates one that will not be released until this year in Germany also.

Most of the themes from Germany last year are here in their entirety except - no Top Agents again and
only 2 farm sets - the super set for garden and the doghouse. No farm truck, no chicken wagon, no barn or house sets. They still have the US specific sets with the red barn there though. Sometimes, like the farm stand or the beehive they show up here later in add-ons. This is the second time in a row they have not sent the US the farm series.
No Heidi either. I don't know if that would be next year or maybe later in another catalog or something. A real question if I should order them from Germany this year. The license may not be good in the US maybe, so it could never show up. Or maybe it will later??

Expensive year for me any way I look at it though, lots of stuff I want.

edit: Also the Add-Ons catalog is updated. They include the Funpark sets - plane, bus, trailer, carry set.
The rest as expected.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:08:03 by Tiermann »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: 2020 US Catalog Online
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:06:38 »
I'd wager they won't try Heidi here, hardly anyone remembers the character and the Alpine theme recently seemed to sell poorly - anyway it disappeared from the website quickly. Shame, it looks a beautiful theme.

:2c:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 05:37:03 »
Soooo many sets that I want. And the Add-ons catalog is part of the problem. Lol
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 18:59:01 »
Deluxe Toy & Hobby gave me the chance to look through their new catalog; I had to explain Novelmore & Everdreamerz to them.

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 00:31:05 »
The Scooby Doo house stairs turn into a slide!!!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 00:37:29 »
Yeah teh Scooby sets are good enough they bring back memories of specific episodes I watched as a kid years ago. I think they are doing a great job with that license - and proper bats!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 18:58:10 »
I was looking at the new catalog and saw something I've never seen before.  On the back cover there is a reference to something called "surprise.playmobil.com"  (see image below.)  Is this some sort of attempt to create a new club?  Has anyone else tried signing up? The site seems to be just about the movie and new themes, but they asked for an email address and promised a surprise, so . . . . we'll see what happens next.   ? :gift: ?
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 10:53:31 »
Yup, looks like a new club. Feels like a more kid oriented club. More than the PCC was.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 13:02:38 »
Yup, looks like a new club. Feels like a more kid oriented club. More than the PCC was.

I thought it was to promote the movie?  I did register there, several times, I think, nothing came of it.  I will try again (need to look for one of the 4545645 papers with a code  ::) )

And going there again.. an insult, as usual. The validation message for the code says "8 Personagem restante"  - which means 8 character (from a story, in singular form!) left (mispelled).  Characters here should be "caracteres".   

If they don't want to translate, just don't. I already offered. Any idiot could probably fix their mistranslations. It's REALLY insulting.  We do NOT speak spanish. And portuguese is different from brazilian portuguese. I am so sick of this. :(

ok, edit 2:  the submit button says "Surpresa e boletim informativo recebidos".. I was wondering.. it means "surprise and newsletter (I suppose) RECEIVED". Seriously?!  WHO PAYS THESE PEOPLE!?

FunPark Malta has started a birthday club or something like that.. Unfortunately, you can register THERE. Bah.
(I would complain after about any age restrictions - there MUST be a law on that, no? I hope so)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 13:13:08 by tahra »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:28:58 »
At risk of upsetting you further, Tahra, klickywelt.de has Playkingdoms listed as a Spanish site on their links page! Which is strange, as it is written in English anyway...

Poor translations are rife. We always have a laugh at instruction booklets translated into English from Chinese or whatever! (Sadly I can't put my hand on one just at the moment).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)