Author Topic: Mystery figures next series  (Read 11418 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Mystery figures next series
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 22:58:25 »
Some stories need a villain too.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:50 »
Assuming they are fake,  why would someone do that? This is so obscure why would they bother? My bet is that they are real, regardless of what PMB supposedly said.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 02:57:50 »
That disgusting image are fake, confirmed by playmobil.

Btw,why is that image disgusting?  It's not that the figures are lewd or obscene.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 13:12:55 »
I think quite a few of us feel bullfighting is disgusting and not suitable to be represented in toys. Ergo, these pictures are fakes because PM would not include a figure as likely to cause offence as this one does. Further proof, as someone else pointed out in another topic on this same theme, comes in the fact that set numbers 5968, 5969, 7211 and 7212 have already been used. So it's not a particularly good fake.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 13:43:38 »
Too bad, these are some of the best. In my opinion there are way more offensive figures, basically any solider to me is more offensive than a traditional bullfighter. Some one who's job it is to harm other humans for collective gains, usually religious is lower than killing a bull in a show to eat. Then there is klickies like Napoleon.......

I would have bought two cases of these
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 23:09:03 »
I think quite a few of us feel bullfighting is disgusting and not suitable to be represented in toys. Ergo, these pictures are fakes because PM would not include a figure as likely to cause offence as this one does. Further proof, as someone else pointed out in another topic on this same theme, comes in the fact that set numbers 5968, 5969, 7211 and 7212 have already been used. So it's not a particularly good fake.

The hooded executioner figure could be considered disgusting, as could many of the soldier, knight, pirate, western, etc etc etc under your definition.   And then there's Napoleon.   How many thousands were killed in those wars.  That's not offensive?   Were there to be sufficient outrage over the bullfighter, then maybe PMB would pull the figure. But the fact that presently it's there doesn't mean that it's fake.  As it is, it's not a bull fighting set. It's just one figure.    Also, the fact that the numbers have been used before is not unique.  A lot of numbers have been used more than once   Also, given that this is certainly a preview of these lines they could be mock-ups with an official number not yet released. I am betting that these are real.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 08:16:52 »
Just give the fellow a different hat and use that red cloth as a tablecloth or something and you have yourself a nice clickie that can be used for many purposes.

I agree about the executioner still being the darkest clicky they released. Their role is to simply behead other people. But it works for storytelling.

A bull fighter could just as well be used for storytelling, to show all the things wrong with bull fighting. I mean, that hooded executioner will definatly not be a hero in my stories. I'd assume that typically kids would use that clicky as a henchman to the bad guy and that the brave hero gets resqued or resques a friend before the executioner can kill them.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 14:56:27 »
Opinions...

I don't find the executioner disgusting... very useful fellow - on a non-playmoworld that is - all my klickys are good ;D

That murdering-sadistic-coward (trying to be polite, not that there are fitting words in any language) would beat even the religion propaganda sets in my book (and would make the executioner needed  >:D ). Which are the most unproper sets.  It would be a new level of low.

And there WAS outrage, when that disgusting image popped - both at THAT site and on the pcc.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 19:00:17 »
not outraged about the zoo workers who lock up huge animals in tiny cages for the chance to sell tickets for their entire depressing lives?

People used to be so outraged about the working animals at circuses too.

All the war horses that are in the medival theme, just to be sent to slaughter for a noble knight?

There are a lot more mistreated animals than that cow at the end of the bullfighters lance, just think how the bull feels who got all dressed up in the alpine theme

How about all the horses and bulls who are worked to death pulling carts?

Yes everyone has an opinion
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 19:40:36 »
Gladiators and arena animals.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: