Author Topic: 5956 Carrying Case Christmas  (Read 3961 times)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
5956 Carrying Case Christmas
« on: November 26, 2011, 16:43:16 »
This is my first review so let me know if you want more information.  Regretfully I did not photograph it as I opened it.  I bought this set because I am a sucker for inexpensive Holiday decorations and I could easily use the Santa, Elf, tree, toys, reindeer and snowman along with my other two Santa themed displays, the first being a 4x reindeer sleigh set 3604 and several other loose Santas appearing to be carolers.
The sleigh I suppose could be for running around the North Pole but it is inadequate to deliver presents around the world.
This sets strengths are:
Price - content and case were worth the approximate $10 US dollars paid.
Santa - is a nice sculpt with a multicolored hat and a long beard.  Not the "ultimate" Santa but pretty good
Elf - I can't get enough of these little guys
Snowman - very cute

Weaknesses are:
If you are looking for a "gift delivery system" sleigh this is not your set

If the directions or inventory are needed for other reference sites, please send me a PM.

Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • Petrichorandrain
Re: 5956 Carrying Case Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 19:16:35 »
I recently got this set too and I must say that I love it. This is my first elf and I just fell in love.

The biggest dissapointment was the case itself. It is made of a rubbery plastic but worse than that is that the interior has no divisions so all you carry goes like crazy around the case  :-\.

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 23:04:36 »
I agree about the case.  I was unsure how other cases with other sets were.  I figured due to the sleigh's size dividers would be not very cost efficient if the cases mold is used across other sets which I noticed today it was.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:51 »
You can use the carrying case to store spare klickies.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • Petrichorandrain
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:52:30 »
You can use the carrying case to store spare klickies.

sure! I just thought it had internal separations so things would be place neater. I had in my mind other carrying cases that had divisions...  :( anyway so far I have the case full of small catalogues.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 21:21:43 »
It looks like a great set. The white ground piece is fairly unusual and a nice thing to have for winter scenes. The packaging doesn't do a very good job showing the elf. You can't see the curly toed shoes very well and that's one of the key features. I love the elves. I have 15 so far.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 23:52:18 »
The reviewer has submitted to me the inventory - thanks Shawn! - from which I've deduced that the snowman-parts are the same as those in 4680 - Boy with Snowman and 5845 - Santa and Snowman. If I could just find the part number for the red pot in those sets, they'd be complete! This one's got a good variety of Christmassy things.

5956 - Carrying Case Christmas
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY THOUSAND parts in more than 5700 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:55 »
sure! I just thought it had internal separations so things would be place neater. I had in my mind other carrying cases that had divisions...  :( anyway so far I have the case full of small catalogues.  :)

If you need a divider for it, I have spares somewhere I believe. I'm using some without the dividers for storing customizing supplies -- markers and such.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • Petrichorandrain
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:56 »
If you need a divider for it, I have spares somewhere I believe. I'm using some without the dividers for storing customizing supplies -- markers and such.

??? the dividers come separately? thanks bb but don't worry, I can put other things instead of what I had in mind  :)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 01:50:47 »
Thanks for the review! I'm dying to open my first elf in the Advent Calender!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.