Author Topic: Geobra's lawyers act against selling klicky-parts on ebay (?)  (Read 18812 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Hi

I've read on "Klickywelt" that some German ebay-sellers have received a more then 8-pages letter from the lawyers of Geobra.
Reason is the ebay-listings of these sellers contain parts of klickies (like legs, torsos, heads, wigs, etc). I'm not sure if selling removable/wearable parts (hats, cuffs, ...) are also subject for possible lawsuit (*).

(*): Possible lawsuit = an assumption, as I don't know the content of the supposed letters.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:37:23 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Geobra's lawyers act against selling klicky-parts on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 00:56:02 »
Where did those sellers get their supplies? ???
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:25:16 »
I don't know, it's all the info I have.

Does it mattter? If the sellers get their supplies in a fishy way, probably yes, and then action from Geobra is understandable.
But if possibly objection from Geobra is/could be/will be orientated against everyone who sells parts of klickies, it may become problematic for customizers...

Suppose:
One buys 10 klickies for customizing from a shop, DS, second-hand, whatever... This person uses the arms and torsos of the klickies, but has no use for the legs. He/she tries to exchange the parts for other wanted parts with other collectors, but that doesn't work out so he/she decides to sell them on ebay. If this gets prohibited, what does one do with all the parts one doesn't have use for?

Other-way-around-example:
One is looking for 10 pairs of legs to make customs. Not whole klickies. If you can get these specific parts on ebay or you have to order 10 whole klickies from DS; it will make a big difference in your wallet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:39:51 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 01:26:10 »
If they are buying PM sets and reselling parts, then what's the problem?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 02:04:50 »
If they are buying PM sets and reselling parts, then what's the problem?

My thoughts exactly. If the sellers are not getting the parts from the manufacturing plants illegally like what happened in Malta, why is it a problem with Playmobil?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Geobra's lawyers act against selling klicky-parts on ebay (?)
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 02:16:49 »
I would be curious to know what sellers were sent the letter and what the letter said. To much room for speculation with out any further details. Like stated it could be that the parts were connected to a internal problem or a whole list of other ideas.

In the US I doubt that Geobra would be able to stop people selling parts on Ebay but I would have to check with my lawyer. I bet even he would not know with out a copy of the letter. The law is an interesting place and is open to interpretation  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 02:18:33 »
Maybe then Playmobil should think about selling the body pieces separately. ;)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 02:51:29 »
I don't know, it's all the info I have.

Does it mattter? If the sellers get their supplies in a fishy way, probably yes, and then action from Geobra is understandable.
But if possibly objection from Geobra is/could be/will be orientated against everyone who sells parts of klickies, it may become problematic for customizers...

Suppose:
One buys 10 klickies for customizing from a shop, DS, second-hand, whatever... This person uses the arms and torsos of the klickies, but has no use for the legs. He/she tries to exchange the parts for other wanted parts with other collectors, but that doesn't work out so he/she decides to sell them on ebay. If this gets prohibited, what does one do with all the parts one doesn't have use for?

Other-way-around-example:
One is looking for 10 pairs of legs to make customs. Not whole klickies. If you can get these specific parts on ebay or you have to order 10 whole klickies from DS; it will make a big difference in your wallet.

As you have already given the examples, if you want to sell off your access it should be your business just like selling a job lot of parts. But if parts were procured illegally then it becomes a theft issue. I don't know how Playmobil could demand control over personal inventories gotten by dismantling Klicky's.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:52:54 »
They probably wouldn't. I'd like to hear more details of what was in the letters before forming an opinion on the matter.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 03:06:14 »
Most likely they were letters of cease to sell items provided to German sellers due to safety issues or like wise.