Author Topic: Some custom knights using parts from 4746 and 3699  (Read 3447 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Some custom knights using parts from 4746 and 3699
« on: March 08, 2011, 17:17:51 »
Hi All,

I just posted reviews of the 4746 Special and 3699 Knight Christophorus sets (here http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7349.0 and here http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=7350.0). But, of course, having reviewed the sets, I have promptly taken the figures apart to build my own figures. Anyway, here are some of the results.

The first set uses mostly parts from 3699. I wasn't happy with Christophorus's plain white body and red skirt out of the box, so I've remodelled him. I've kept the 'mainly white with flashes of red and black' colour scheme, but in ways that I think make a bit more sense.

Here are a few close-up shots, as well as a group photo of all my customs on foot.

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: Some custom knights using parts from 4746 and 3699
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 17:20:07 »
And here are the same guys in smaller groups, first on foot, then mounted. I think they make quite an impressive little band. They would definitely be hard to miss riding across the medieval countryside!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 17:23:35 »
Now I see what Sir Christoffer was missing: a big and commanding helm! Thanks for the idea!
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 17:26:30 »
A very nice selection of customs, Andrew, although personally I don't think the gold one really works.  The third version is my favourite of the individual photos.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 17:29:41 »
Very nice customs!  :clap:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 17:35:52 »
The next group uses the shield from the 4746 Special, but I used a slightly different colour scheme to match better the heraldic blazon. Even though I'm not hugely fond of that blazon, I think it works OK with these customs.

The second pic is of a couple of archers made using the body form the 4746 special. I've put a customised figure from the new Lion knights in the middle, with the customs on either side. I think the peg on the side of the body works well to hold a quiver of arrows (as Playmobil did with the Egyptian Pharaoh figure).

Finally, a figure using the legs from 4746. I'm not sure Georginetto will forgive me for using the Nuremburg guards blazon, but there you go  ;) I have a small group of men using this general outline (yellow body with red and white arms) -- this guy is now their leader.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 17:38:18 »
Oh, and finally...

I found something to do with the (I think) silly yellow crest from the 4746 special. I think it works well as a crest for a samurai -- what do you think? Here are four different versions...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 18:49:27 »
Nice customs, Andrew, and an excellent use of the crest with the samurai.  It look as if it were made for that figure.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 19:14:27 »
Great customs Andrew!!! I really like them!!!

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 21:48:14 »
Hi guys,

Glad you like 'em!

Cheers,

AndrewL