Author Topic: 3827 Mountie.  (Read 8743 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
3827 Mountie.
« on: August 15, 2010, 13:30:37 »
Well, I finally got one, this is the first complete and in good condition Mountie I have come across in 9 years of ebaying.

It's a real shame Disney kicked up such a fuss about this figure and made Playmboil withdraw it from sale.

It never made it over here to the UK according to the catalogues, instead we just got the 3884 green park ranger which was basically the same set in content.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: 3827 Mountie.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 13:54:22 »
Well, I finally got one, this is the first complete and in good condition Mountie I have come across in 9 years of ebaying.

nice review !! are you sure it's the first complete and in good condition at 9 years on ebay i 've come across one new one now : 

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Playmobil-3827-Mounty-rot-NEU-OVP-MIB-w-/260636275332?pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil

but it seems a bit high price .... on my collector's book first edition it doesen't have rarity system count it's just plain he forgot to put it or is there any other reason didn't know about how rare it is ??? ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 14:03:09 »
Great buy, Sir Gareth!  Why did Disney have a problem with him?    ???
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 14:32:53 »
Hi

Yes great find on a rarer item. I too am always on the look out but typically they sell for a premium.

I too want to know about the Disney debate. Was it when Walt was at the helm or the corporation ?

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 14:57:52 »
Great buy Sir Gareth!! I got mine for 9.99 last year!! It was a great joy!! I got him up on the shelve with my favourite klickies!!! I actually have both him and the green one!!!

Yes, what lawsuit was this with Disney? I thought the Canadian Police had issues with this, not Disney  ??? ??? ???

@ Alex: I can understand collectability but this is ridiculous  :o :o :o I know that, since the lawsuit followed, playmobil stopped producing mounties, so the seller is pointing on that! As for the rarity system....(having a look at third edition)....and yes I have it with me as I wanted to show it to my cousin... its three blue klickies...medium! So, not really worth the 60Euros I guess...but then again, it is mint in box...

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 15:02:23 »
Hi playmo1989,

It's the first one that I have owned bought of ebay UK, I too have seen many others in the past on ebay but not actually had in my possesion.

The Disney story,

Well, if I remember correctly, Disney own the rights to the RCMP uniform any toy that doesn't get special permission from Disney breaches some copyright law.

I think Playmobil found this out the hard way after they had released the figure or something like that.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 15:09:59 »
Hi playmo1989,

It's the first one that I have owned bought of ebay UK, I too have seen many others in the past on ebay but not actually had in my possesion.

The Disney story,

Well, if I remember correctly, Disney own the rights to the RCMP uniform any toy that doesn't get special permission from Disney breaches some copyright law.

I think Playmobil found this out the hard way after they had released the figure or something like that.

oh i get it now  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 15:12:11 »

So, not really worth the 60Euros I guess...but then again, it is mint in box...

+ 35 for shipping (why so high shipping for this ???) = 95 euros  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 15:25:47 »

. . . The Disney story,

That is really interesting, Gary!  I never knew about the Disney angle.  Your comments inspired me to do a little research and it appears that the Disney copyright license has expired and control of the mountie image is now back with Canada's RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police.)  Here are a couple of news links that tell the story:

Story from CBC's digital archive
Newer Story from CBC

Prehaps Playmobil will now approach the RCMP for permission to re-issue the mountie!    :crossed:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 15:27:34 »
Thats a great looking Klickie :love:

Stupid Disney >:(

Damo :)