Author Topic: Hello from Luxembourg  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Hengel-Family

• Playmo Pal
    • Playmo-Frënn Lëtzebuerg
Hello from Luxembourg
« on: August 10, 2010, 19:51:06 »
Hi everybody !  :wave:
We are Evelyne (43) and Claude (44), and together with our children Max (15), Tim (13) and Elsa (10) we are the "Hengel Family".
Our Playmobil-History begins 1998 when our oldest son Max get his first Playmobil : the Pirate-Ship. After this, there was only Playmobil on the wishlist.
2004 we visit for the first time the Playmobil-FunPark in Zirndorf, and on the way home, we stopped in Speyer to visit the 30 Year Playmobil Exhibition. And there we got the bug.  ;D
We started visit collectors meetings in Germany and France, meet many friendly people.
In 2006, together with a few friends, we decided to organize a collector meeting in Luxembourg. The LuxPlaymoDays was born.
In 2007 we create an association of collectors in Luxembourg : Playmo-Frënn Lëtzebuerg (playmo-frenn.lu), to organize every year this event.
We collect all themes from Playmobil and like to visit collector-meetings in
other countries. And we love to create dioramas.

Now, we start discovering this forum (sorry for our english ....)

Greetings to all,

Evelyne and Claude

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hello from Luxembourg
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 20:02:30 »
Hello to you all, and a warm welcome from the UK!   :wave:  Thank you for the detailed introduction and the link to your website.  And don't worry, for English is excellent.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 20:06:11 »
 :wave: Welcome Evelyne, Claude. Max, Tim and Elsa from hot and dry Pennsylvania.  It is sure nice to have you with us.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 20:13:09 »
Hello and welcome Hengel-Family!!! I've seen your dioramas they are absolutely magnificent!!! Congratulations on so many great works!!! I especially love Hotel Anubis!!! Its my favourite!!!

Warm greetings from Greece!!!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 20:40:26 »
A very warm welcome from the Netherlands to you Evelyne and Claude!

It is mostly your "fault" that I am a member of this forum. Me and my family visited Playmobil Planet in Utrecht this year and seeing your diorama's there among the many other made me take my playmo hobby more seriously. The fact that you are doing it with the entire family was the last drop needed to convince me and hopefully we can make our kids part of our playmo craze as well (only 4 and 6 currently).

The Lux playmodays was in my wishlist but our busy schedule in August made me drop it :-( Next year I will try and prioritize it higher!

Hopefully you will share some pictures and stories here so we can experience more of uyour excellent work. Maybe even some behind the scenes work!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 20:57:09 »
Welcome from the UK :wave:

I like your avatar very much - how did you get the background? ???

Damo :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 21:38:39 »
Welcome from Louisiana!  :wave: 

Very nice to meet you all.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 00:42:48 »
Welcome from Southern California! :wave:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:19:51 »
welcome from san francisco.  i love your introduction, especially as it is such a family affair.  i enjoyed visiting your website, i actually have been there via a distant link in the past.  oh, and do not worry about your english, it is great, you would fall over laughing at my miserable french.  kaethe

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:36 »
Welcome from Northern California!   :wave:
CARPE KLICKY!