Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 128650 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2320 on: May 22, 2020, 15:17:32 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are well.

The last few days of summerlike temperatures in England have inspired a few outdoor pictures to my happy little Victorians :

What a glorious day to do the Washing ! As Ms Gertrude always says the Secret to a perfect Laundry is Lavender infused Water and lots of Sunshine !

You see Children, with a little love and care Mother Nature can be so plentiful and generous !

The Art of Topiary by Monsieur Firmin Jardinier Extraordinaire !

Queen Alexandra and her two Children inaugurating the Royal Horticultural Chelsea Garden Show on 20th May 1912 !

Wishing you all a great week-end !  8-)

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2321 on: May 23, 2020, 09:19:21 »
Good morning dear Playmofriends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Nearly a month that I hadn't posted in PF so I invite you to catch up with the latest tribulations of my ever happy little Victorians on New Regent St  :lol: :

In 1918, a young Fashion Designer opened her boutique at 31 rue Cambon in Paris. Her unique signature style would forever change the way Women dress to this very day ! Her name was Coco Chanel !

Happy Birthday to our Most Gracious Majesty Queen Elisabeth II !

This is such a lovely day to catch the Afternoon Tram ! Where shall we go next Mommy ?

A Trio of Victorian Beauties presenting the Charles Frederick Worth Spring Summer Collection !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2322 on: May 23, 2020, 09:37:09 »
British Dressmaker Charles Frederick Worth also known as the Father of Haute Couture presented the first Fashion Show in 1858 !

In 1902 a young Lady wrote her first children book featuring animals called The Tale of Peter Rabbit, her name was Beatrix Potter !

It is Elementary my dear Watson ! The elusive Cat Burglar is just one step ahead of us !

In 1851 in New York City, Jerry Thomas created the first ever cocktail "The Blue Blazer" and "The Bon Vivant Companion" Guide how to Mix Drinks ! Cheers !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2020, 09:50:49 »
This Letter means so much to me ! Thank you Mr Postman !

Lord Carnarvon, his Egyptian Valet and their legendary Dune Hopper Oldtimer Car !

TV Pioneer Hal Roach created in 1936 the popular TV series The Gang ( USA ) or Little Rascals ( GB ) featuring the adventures of a bunch of mischievous street kids !

Did you say Little Rascals ? Little Victorians were just really resourceful !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2324 on: May 23, 2020, 10:16:30 »
The Ice Cream Van is my favourite place to be in Summertime ! What's you favourite flavour ?

In 1900, the intrepid Anne Rainsford French was the world's first licensed woman driver. She is seen here leaving her family home in Washington DC in 1905 !

En route to Southampton, James ! The Mauretania will steam across the Atlantic at 17.00 ! New York City, here we come !

Thank you to the Bus Drivers who are keeping the UK going !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2325 on: May 23, 2020, 12:19:00 »
Did you know that the London Buses are red because the General Omnibus Company decided in 1907 to stand out from the competition ?

It is Elementary my dear Watson ! We have established by now that the Tramway Thief is a Lady wearing a Feather Hat !

When taking a stroll through the park remember to pay a visit to Mimi's Flower Stand ! Young Peter will also deliver your special bouquet anywhere in London within 30 minutes !

Welcome to the Little World of Playmovictorian !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2326 on: May 23, 2020, 12:28:37 »
Welcome to the Little World of Playmovictorian !

The 4 Seasons of New Regent St !

I wish you all a great week-end !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2327 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:45 »
Good afternoon dear Playmofriends  :wave:

I hope that you are well.

Inspired by "Mr Selfridge" TV series which I am currently watching, I am delighted to announce that I will now proceed with the interior decoration of the buildings of New Regent St amongst those a department store itself inspired by the famous Harrods from London>

These interiors will be created by the famous interior designer Elsie de Wolfe who will share with us her options and choices in the making of this project.

Stay tuned  ;)...

Wishing you a great week-end !

Karim :gent: