Author Topic: Sylvia's New Avatar  (Read 7466 times)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
Sylvia's New Avatar
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:03:40 »
(I wasn't sure where this topic should go, so I put it here.  If it should go elsewhere, feel free to move it.)

Sylvia, I like your new avatar.  I especially like the asymmetrical hairdo.   :)

So who does your avatar's hair?   :lol:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:14:39 by Klickus Mobilius »
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Sylvia's New Avatar
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:26 »

Hi KM!

Thanks for the compliments. :-*

The avatar I used over the winter period was much different to the one I normally use, so I have actually reverted back to my normal haircut and clothing. :)

You can see a full-body shot in Little Jo's Avatar Album and some of my former avatar pics here. :)

The avatar pic itself is completely new since I never used a real background behind me before. It's a shot of Inverness Castle in springtime (see attachment for larger image).

So who does your avatar's hair?   :lol:

;D
That hairpiece is one of my favourites! I just wish it came in more colours than blonde and black. My avatar should really have brown hair if it's to look more like the real me.

Thanks again for the positive feedback! :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:23:10 »
Nice to see you back Sylvia  ;D! Although your other avatar identities are  :*) very attractive :inlove: to my avatar  ;), it's good to have a regular recognizable identity! BTW, beautiful backgound  :)9!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 14:53:02 »
Great new avatar Sylvia! That is a beautiful background shot, everything seems so springy and cheerful!

Gepetto

Offline nicki72

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 20:46:06 »
Ooohh--maybe I should take a shot of the Inverness courthouse for my background...sadly we don't have a castle to call our own! lol!  :lol:

I love the new hair...makes me want to cut mine!  I haven't seen that particular Playmo style before, I don't think!  Lovely photo! :)
"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." ~~Dr. Seuss

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 19:07:26 »
Ah the old Sylvia style is back again ;D

I think this can become a new series: avatars in front of a local castle ... I think I have somewhere some castle pics to arrange in the background ...

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 23:49:01 »
Ah the old Sylvia style is back again ;D

I think this can become a new series: avatars in front of a local castle ... I think I have somewhere some castle pics to arrange in the background ...

What about those who don't have a castle around? :-[

(Not my case, I could use the Forte de Santa Cruz, instead ;D It's colonial, like the Spanish sailors collection ... Fred & Masie have been there, by the way!: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2130.msg27757#msg27757)

So who does your avatar's hair?   :lol:

Sylvia ... Is this hair an original playmo' hair? :o What set's it from? :) Very nice. Good to see "you" back ;D (besides, when I got into Playmofriends, you had a helmet and a motorcycle! ::) .. It's almost a year I've been here).

Gus
:blackhair:

a late night at the publisher ...
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 05:08:49 »
That hairpiece is one of my favourites! I just wish it came in more colours than blonde and black. My avatar should really have brown hair if it's to look more like the real me.

Just wait a few years and you can use the grey one from 4281  ;D

If you need a brown one, I think I can make a mould and cast for you.

Sylvia ... Is this hair an original playmo' hair? :o What set's it from?

Indeed it is an original Playmobil mould: cf. the grey I mentioned above, the black one is from 4410 or 4344, and the blonde one is from 4703 girl's soccer team, and not to forget the blonde "wig" that is directly available as spare part (30 24 3750) in the 4413 beauty salon.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:40 »
Just wait a few years and you can use the grey one from 4281  ;D

My hair is already going grey so that time might come quite a lot sooner than I would like it to. :P

I wasn't aware of that figure having the same hair style! Thanks for pointing it out. I really like her clothing too. Do you know if she has the older, more curvy-shaped torso or the newer straight-hipped style? It looks curvy on the illustration, but the box pic is too small to see her shape in enough detail.

... the black one is from 4410 or 4344

My Bakery set showed that style of hair on the box pic, but the figure inside came with a different, older hairstyle. The hair it contained matched the style of the one pictured on the instruction sheet. They are very similar, but if anyone is planning to order the figure from the DS just to get the black asymmetric hairpiece, I would recommend ordering the female from 4344 instead.

If you need a brown one, I think I can make a mould and cast for you.

That would be excellent! 8-) Thank you for the offer. :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:37:21 by Sylvia »

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:47 »
Uh, you're right, there had been an issue with the bakery woman and the different hairpiece ...  8}

I do not have the winter garden set so far, but I will let you know as soon as I have (I assume it's not the curvy variant because I haven't seen any recent figure still coming with the old style).

As far as I can see on the detail pic it seem to be the modern variant (because hips are not that curvy).