Author Topic: PCFD HR127 custom rescue air bag system, & TJW Ind. hydraulic rescue tools.  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
The project is finally being put in service slowly but surely! This is a review showing the 2 newly developed on board systems that Playmobil City Fire Department heavy duty rescue units are equipped with. The first system is the hydraulic supply system, & the second is the air supply system. The newest addition to the equipment arsenal is the custom air bag system that is used to lift extremely heavy objects to extricate patients that maybe trapped or pinned underneath. This display is a training exercise for the personnel to get familiar with the new equipment, & systems.

Picture of HR127's driver/operator monitoring the on board air compressor to power the new custom rescue air bag system.

Picture showing the RH side air supply hose reel, & line to operate air powered rescue tools.

Custom air hose splitter used to operate 2 air bag controllers simultaneously.

A picture of the custom air bag controllers. Each hose port has a pressure gauge, & control switches for increasing or decreasing the air bag operating pressure.

Another view.

Color coded air hoses being used to operate air bags.

Picture showing the new custom air bag system in use.

Another view showing the clearance that the air bags provide. If this would have been an actual rescue scene, there would be cribbing used to support, & stabilize the vehicle at all times. Since this is a training session, personnel are allowed to test the systems limits, proving they will not slip in extreme conditions.

Picture of the rear air bag lifting the rear of the overturned vehicle for additional clearance.

Overview of system.

Picture of the large portable air supply cylinders that can be used if HR127 is unable to reach the scene.

Picture of a small air cylinder that can be used in extreme situations.

HR127's hydraulic rescue tool system with custom manifold to operate multiple rescue tools at once.

TJW Ind. large custom rescue cutters.

TJW Ind. large rescue spreaders.

TJW Ind. custom rescue ram cylinder.

TJW Ind. custom heavy duty spreaders.

PCFD custom hydraulic rescue tool manifold.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:38:30 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
That's a very impressive setup, Bill, and many thanks for showing it in such clear detail.  You and Tim certainly complement each other in your ideas and skills.  The stickers on the airbag controllers are little works of art and the attention to detail in the airlines and hydraulic lines is great, too.  I like the use you've found for the large portable fire extinguisher; I've often wondered what that could be used for other than a fire extinguisher or an industrial gas cylinder.

PS: I guess the basis of the airbag controllers is the item you're asking about here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3047.msg35678;boardseen#new
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
That's a very impressive setup, Bill, and many thanks for showing it in such clear detail.  You and Tim certainly complement each other in your ideas and skills.  The stickers on the airbag controllers are little works of art and the attention to detail in the airlines and hydraulic lines is great, too.  I like the use you've found for the large portable fire extinguisher; I've often wondered what that could be used for other than a fire extinguisher or an industrial gas cylinder.

PS: I guess the basis of the airbag controllers is the item you're asking about here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3047.msg35678;boardseen#new

Thank you for the positive feedback Gordon! I hopefully have done the actual fire service air bag systems a decent Playmobil comparison :lol:!  I've found that the new hospital decals are an invaluable source for gauge, switch, & meter bits that fit perfectly on my projects! They're a little expensive, but I will continue to put some on all of my DS orders from now on!
Bill
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 15:06:18 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
I've found that the new hospital decals are an invaluable source for gauge, switch, & meter bits that fit perfectly on my projects! They're a little expensive, but I will continue to put some on all of my DS orders from now on!
Bill

I must remember that and look into them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master

I am in total agreement with Gordon, excellent job Bill!! :wow: :wow: My only exposure to these airbag systems was when they first appeared and we used them to lift our 45' trailers that had flipped, they really were an impressive sight, I have since seen smaller versions that used an auto's exhaust to lift a car to change flat tires!

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
How did you make the airbags, Bill, please?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Thank you Gepetto! I am going by memory of 16 years ago, when I was an active firefighter! I'm sure by now that there have been vast updates, & design improvements! In the next day or 2, I'm going to unveil the last air bag design which I hope everyone will enjoy. I'll give you a hint, it involves a large tank  :toot: !
Bill

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
Hoy Bill

your lifting air bag's looks realistic also

and you right  wen you lift a car that high you suite stabilise
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Hoy Bill

your lifting air bag's looks realistic also

and you right  wen you lift a car that high you suite stabilise

Thank you for the positive comments Peter!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Hello Bill,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Your custom air bags are really amazing :wow: I cant get over how much they look like the real thing. Your attention to detail is first class ! I am also really impressed by the air bag controller's. The little details such as the dials and buttons really set them off a treat. You will have to share with us your technique for cutting the stickers out so neatly. I really do struggle with cutting the decal's but I think my knife is a bit too bulky for the job. As allways I am looking forward to your next batch of custom's. You really have taken to customising like a duck to water :)9

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)