Author Topic: customizer - MALONE !!  (Read 17366 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: customizer - MALONE !!
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 16:01:39 »
Those technique seem very similar to these http://www.mofreaky.com/page_customizing/content/mace_tutorial/mace_tutorial.htm except he incorporates the use of the vacuum for the tinniest detail . I am still trying to bablefish it to read it all

Thanks for the info on Malones styles . Great stuff
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 17:19:51 »

Thanks for the tutorial link at Yoyei's Playclicks, Aleon ...  :wow:

And, you seem to be absolutely correct, Rasputin. It appears to be quite similar to the technique that Barth uses at Mofreaky, that Andi uses at Klickyworld and that we use at Garden Wargaming.

For Playmofriends living in the United States, the easiest way to get the supplies you need may be directly through Alumilite.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 17:34:11 »
Thanks a lot aleon for this info!  :D

It really helped a lot. The hint about the buttons really made calm me down and explains a lot.

Unfortunately I do not understand any spanish word on the site you referenced but the pics also helped a lot.
The technique shown on the pics is quite similiar as the one I described in my tutorial about casting, but differs in one single but for me very important thing: using a vaccum machine. Just when reading your post I was thinking on some research I made some time ago about a suitable vaccum machine for doing better castings. I actually found some but the drawback was the price: several thousands (!) Euros. So I droped this idea.
When I then saw the pics in the spanish forum and spotted the vaccum machine a glance arise in my eyes: such a vaccum machine we actually do have in our kitchen!
Never spend a thought about using it for this purpose.  :doh:
Many thanks for giving me this hint. :yippee: With my next casts I will for sure make some experiments with it hoping for some better results.

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 18:53:13 »
vacuum machine is good because it elimates air bubbles in the final pieces  :love:
The best i think, is that he found dyes for get pieces silver, bronze, etc like playmobil ones.....

he has made a lot of tutorias in spanish meetings but... is quite more difficult that you imagine. I spend a wekend I all my piezes was terrible...  :P

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 19:04:30 »
Aleon, any info on his and others styles would be greatly appreciated . Links to sites, names of products ( colors, resins, mold silicone ) and hints ( like the button trick & kitchen vacuum sealer ) would be quite informative to me and I am sure many others who would like to continue or start in the mold making art .

Thanks   :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 19:24:10 »
 The motor of an old refridgerator is a vacuum machine
with an old coocking pot wich you can close vacuum

and a bit of handyness you can build your own vacuum machine

friend of mine uses it for his moulds to make candles

@ Little Jo , how were the results with the resin you got from me in wolfsburg ?

http://www.vosschemie.be/intro.php

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 19:36:08 »
personal note :

the basic techniques all quite the same

so are the products used

it comes to a lot of practise and patience and time

and sharing info on tips and tricks

thanks for the Links  Richard and Aleon

picked up some new tricks

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 19:02:07 »
@ Little Jo , how were the results with the resin you got from me in wolfsburg ?

http://www.vosschemie.be/intro.php

Although I found a good supplier  (the mentioned vosschemie.be respectively their German company part seems not to be only willing to sell to private people just to big dealers, because they do not even answer my e-mail request) for resin -- Breddermann-Kunstharze -- who have an online shop and are selling beneath different resin types (solid, transparent, different colding/hardening times, etc.) and silicone also some color pigments for giving your casts a solid color, I still use your resin quite often because the hardening time and afterwards the consistency of the material is pretty well (cf. the Neukadur-bottles in the pic  ;)).

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2010, 13:43:35 »

Although I found a good supplier  (the mentioned vosschemie.be respectively their German company part seems not to be only willing to sell to private people just to big dealers, because they do not even answer my e-mail request) for resin -- Breddermann-Kunstharze -- who have an online shop and are selling beneath different resin types (solid, transparent, different colding/hardening times, etc.) and silicone also some color pigments for giving your casts a solid color, I still use your resin quite often because the hardening time and afterwards the consistency of the material is pretty well (cf. the Neukadur-bottles in the pic  ;)).

Hello, Jochen ...

The Alumilite Corporation is looking for a representative in Germany for their products. If you, or anyone else is interested, contact Carol at carol@alumilite.com .

All the best,
Richard

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2010, 23:05:01 »
Jeremy,

Do you know under what name Malone sells his work? Does he have his own site? Thanks for any information, I for one would be happy to support the work of someone with his skill and artistry.

Gepetto