Author Topic: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED  (Read 9888 times)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 12:14:14 »
The problem was the price and the positioning.

To be fair, they frequently have themes that would appear to cannibalise each other (they've constantly had 2 dolls houses in the range for years), and arguably having an existing 'magic' theme might have driven sales rather than been a problem.

With generic themes like the dollhouses this is so, but with the franchise themes (Novelmore, Everdreamerz and the Magic "Surprise" theme that soon will be announced) it is different, cause their common-type stories, overlapping character types and similar online content could cause public confusion between the various subbrands.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 12:50:51 »
I don't really see why confusion between themes would be harmful to sales. Most parents are not going to be aware of that level of detail, so it surely just comes down to what kids say they want, and what parents are willing to spend

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 13:58:05 »
Well, imagine if LEGO would have launched not only NINJAGO, but also a Ninja Themed FRIENDS line and ... DUPLO Ninjas at the exact same time, would that not have created some confusion, and perhaps some adverse effects for the start of NINJAGO?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 19:09:54 »
I don't really see why confusion between themes would be harmful to sales.

Completely agree.. If you're into knights, some of novelmore will be nice. If you're into fairies, fairies will do...

AH, but then... they'd sell the stuff!

Well, imagine if LEGO would have launched not only NINJAGO, but also a Ninja Themed FRIENDS line and ... DUPLO Ninjas at the exact same time, would that not have created some confusion, and perhaps some adverse effects for the start of NINJAGO?

I don't think so. It would lead to a lot of people being overrun by ninjas... but I am sure Lego (unlike playmobil) would think that a fine thing...

IMO, of course.. all of it. Obviously.

Ages ago here, a detergent brand like Tide (was it them?) launched a new one. Yes, they lost some people from the original to that one, but also got some from others. If in the end the money is in their pocket, does it matter if it was the 1st or the 2nd one? Nopes. Money is money is money.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 11:44:21 »
I am not so sure - it seems to me that ALL the sets that were to be releassed after June are not shown in the online shop - also the new Novamore sets - the skeletons and the Wizards/ demon sets have also disappeared.

I remember from one of my visits to Dieterhofen, that they told us that they started producing this years sets last year. This year. they would be producing the same sets for the 'export' markets.
That would mean that all those sets are already in the warehouse, ready to be distributed.

But that was told some time ago. That might have changed in the meantime.

Just my thoughts ...

Mark
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 12:04:52 »
I didn't see any everwhatsit klickys about... Novelmore purple drunk ones have appeared.  No skeletons or klickys from those either.

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 14:17:37 »
I remember from one of my visits to Dieterhofen, that they told us that they started producing this years sets last year. This year. they would be producing the same sets for the 'export' markets.
Mark

For most of the generic themes that one year delay for export markets still exists but for the new licenses and home-grown franchises the goal seems to have shifted towards a full worldwide release in one go.

But the webshops are often following the subsidiaries own ever shifting strategies, it's hard to deduct any concrete conclusion from them.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 15:11:34 »
For most of the generic themes that one year delay for export markets still exists but for the new licenses and home-grown franchises the goal seems to have shifted towards a full worldwide release in one go.

Yes, recently there were many sets that appeared in many places at the same time.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 15:42:31 »

It's possible that it's part of the licensing agreement, but even if it wasn't it makes sense commercially since a) they generally get more press attention that the generic sets and b) the eBay market would be more damaging, since they're probably selling a lot more to adults/hardcore collectors (of the non-Playmobil variety :lol:).

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 20:07:16 »
@Collectobart:
You´re Bart from 'Collectobil', right? Are you still working in Zirndorf?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!