Author Topic: Vintage box photo recreations  (Read 4579 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Vintage box photo recreations
« on: July 17, 2020, 18:02:48 »
I recently nabbed these complete vintage sets on eBay and have had fun in the studio trying to recreate the original box photos.
I loved their color and streamlining of detail. This is what had me fall in love with playmobil in the first place.

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Re: Vintage box photo recreations
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 18:06:01 »

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 19:37:24 »
 :love: nice!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 20:25:21 »
Wow...  You took those photos?  :o

You didn't get 3343 boxed like that, right?  AFAIK, that neckpiece is way more recent than the set ..

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 21:55:32 »
Hmmmm, I bought it from an seller in France:
Looking at this photo (NOT the auction I won), you may be right, that this face bandana is a newer one? Its difficult for me to be certain
https://www.ebay.com/itm/C-2-3343-V2-Mexicains-avec-Cheval-Klicky-Emballage-DOrigine/252931509344?hash=item3ae3e48c60:g:DRkAAOSwLnBX93V8

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 22:08:21 »
Wonderful photos! 
That mallet! That's one of those obscure early pieces you just never see except out of complete early sets.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 22:16:16 »
Hmmmm, I bought it from an seller in France:
Looking at this photo (NOT the auction I won), you may be right, that this face bandana is a newer one? Its difficult for me to be certain

Yep, that one is way more recent than the original... 

The box pic from that link looks odd, but the klicky is wearing the correct one.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 08:26:32 »
Those early pirates were so neatly dressed - not like the fashion disasters of today!  ;D
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 08:50:53 »
I agree with tahra, the older-style face-covering (topical, yes?) was more like it was cut from a cylinder, not shaped like the later one. I think I have a spare one if you need one, AgeOwns.

There are a few box pics with odd-looking parts from that era. I think the photos were sometimes taken using prototype parts and the production run parts were slightly different. The best example I have come across are the manacles on the box for set 3324x. Both the main picture and the set contents picture on the back of the box show manacles made of two cuffs linked by a short, straight piece. The part in the set has two cuffs linked by a solid chain, which unlike the prototype, is long enough to connect both wrists on a klicky who has been naughty! At least, I have never seen the prototype style pictured online and Datenbank-Setinhalt (membership needed to view) on klickywelt shows the solid-chain style.

Oh and most importantly, those are some great photos, AgeOwns, a nice way to celebrate your collection! I like the way you posed the pirates with real rocks and sand as on the original photos. Great work!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Corso

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 16:01:08 »
Very professional pictures, especially because of the background. You must have used a very nice setup, good work!