Author Topic: model numbers ?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline lisaastrup

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • I love to play and collect
    • Astrup Art
model numbers ?
« on: June 19, 2019, 12:00:30 »
hi. where can I fin a model number on old playmo with no box ?

got a small red pirate ship with 1 black sail, photo will not add.
kind regards
Lisa Astrup

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Re: model numbers ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 16:33:58 »
Your best bet is to check out this site https://playmodb.org/

Check off the Pirate box in the "List sets from any theme or themes" section

Then hit "List" button (This will show a list of all items with their set numbers that have been tagged to this theme"

Then hit "Show Pictures" (this will then show the uplaoded photo of the sets in question)

You can then browse the list. It may not show all versions of the set (i.e the different box art work)

For uploading images try using https://imgur.com/ and remember when you go to upload the picture url into your post you need to hit the  insert image function and then place the URL between the ]insert URL here[ . you can also type [ img ] example no spaces [ /img ]
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 18:03:07 »
Are you referring to this one?

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 12:22:26 »
Your best bet is to check out this site https://playmodb.org/

Check off the Pirate box in the "List sets from any theme or themes" section

Then hit "List" button (This will show a list of all items with their set numbers that have been tagged to this theme"

Then hit "Show Pictures" (this will then show the uploaded photo of the sets in question)

You can then browse the list. It may not show all versions of the set (i.e the different box art work)

You can also use the "Focus:" dropdown to limit the list to vehicles (also try "Combination", there are still a few of those though I'm weeding them out), and the "Sort by:" dropdown to sort by release date, if that helps.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 22:55:57 »
Regarding the playmodb site, is it possible to drop the minimum word length to 3 characters? It makes looking for things like cap and hat difficult.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 13:02:42 »
Try putting a comma after the word, so "cap," or "hat," This will pick up some hits like "hat, deerstalker-style". Or you could try "hat with" I have never found anything else works for 3-letter search terms, unless there is some arcane wild card character you can use, Heather?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 22:50:00 »
Try putting a comma after the word, so "cap," or "hat," This will pick up some hits like "hat, deerstalker-style". Or you could try "hat with" I have never found anything else works for 3-letter search terms, unless there is some arcane wild card character you can use, Heather?
No, 4 characters is the limit, and my programming skills are not up to fancy searches. Sorry! But if you're getting that generic, you could look in categories, e.g. PlaymoDB Part Categories - Wearable (Headwear,Soft).
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!