Author Topic: PlaymoDB's Back box pic for 3518- origin?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
PlaymoDB's Back box pic for 3518- origin?
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:41 »
The back box pic on PlaymoDB is of set 3518 from a Licensee (I suspect Spain, post Famobil; the pic is overprinted with eBay member's name Elespanyol). It isn't in Collector. I have both the klickies and I'm interested to know their origin. Can anyone help?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: PlaymoDB's Back box pic for 3518- origin?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:03:28 »
not famobil. My guess is antex...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 11:27:05 »
Yes, Antex is certainly plausible. Antex sets 3253, 3310 and 3458 in Collector have figures with printed torso pockets, like the one shown in 3518, as well as the 'colour number' panel on the box. Collector missed out some of the Antex sets deliberately, but this one has no real counterpart (in terms of contents) in the German range.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 16:38:43 »
It's Antex.  :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 19:50:07 »
Great! Thanks, Erik!

I wonder why the boy doesn't appear on the front of the box?

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 02:11:25 »
Good catch, Graham. I'll separate them, since their contents are so different. Strange about the boy...
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 20:59:59 »
Tiersammler has pointed out (in a personal message) five versions of this set, at least three of which are Antex sets (one like the German set, one like Erik's set and one version with the boy. That last one is shown here too.