Author Topic: 5286 Top Agents Tank  (Read 3879 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5286 Top Agents Tank
« on: November 07, 2015, 18:02:25 »
5286 Top Agents Tank

I really shouldn't. What I REALLY wanted when I got this one was a troop carrier. AFTERwards, playmobil made that one - the police tank.

But I loved that one and the Chameleon so much I decided to keep this one as well :-[

Contents...

The windshield was protected... but that rotating thing wasn't. It's scratched.

Besides one cd missing, there was this woman:

I FREAKING HATE PAINTED FACES. This is the reason. Well, the main one. This is ridiculous - in a bad way. Worse, it's common.

Assembled:

:love:

They sort of ruined the coolest klicky with THAT hair, but it will be fixed.

As you can see, there's more than enough equipment.

The stickers are again odd - they must glow in the dark or something. The whiteish guy, that I always figured was a printing mistake (since I got several in lots), is not. He is printed in very light designs... Probably glow in the dark as well..

There were stickers for the back of the orange booted klicky, and for the lower part of that extra chestpiece.. I didn't like the idea, so left them off.

Also left off one of the cds, to try and improvise one...

The "cockpit" comes with the passenger seat apart - besides being RC ready (4856), it is also compatible with that camera thing (4879)...

It has a very small trunk:

I wasn't gonna put that sticker, because it says "SPY TEAM"... but considering the sides. ::)  It's sooooo silly.

There's a drone on top... And.. well.. it REALLY had to have some shooting thingamajigs, right? However, I kinda love it, cause they retract inside ;D

I have no idea what's the purpose of the orangish round thing. I mean, it looks like a door, but it leads nowhere, so... ???

Instead of that top antenna we can also use that "grabber" thing to put the flashlight (5290).. More thingamajigs..

In the side, we can put that "top secret" box - note it says so on top, in bright orange. ::)

The insides - space for the cds, and two missile things (have no idea why)...

I had a REAL hard time assembling this. Could NOT set the code I wanted.. So, ended up writing it on the door :-[

I like this set, though it kinda falls short of what it could be... I mean, it's a shame that with all the pointless gyzmos, there is no space inside.

I wish they went for a carrier instead of that silly round thing and the secret compartment...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5286 Top Agents Tank
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 21:13:42 »
The round orange compartment is a containment prison pod to hold the evil bad guys when you catch them.
It'skind of a cool set but not a theme that appealed to me as is. I do like some of the parts for ssci-fi though.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 14:40:57 »
It 's a great set. Sorry about the misprint. We have the police tank on remote controll. Really cool! It actually is quite controlable.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 14:43:22 »
The round orange compartment is a containment prison pod to hold the evil bad guys when you catch them.

AH! Thanks for the explaining.. Kinda silly though.

It'skind of a cool set but not a theme that appealed to me as is. I do like some of the parts for ssci-fi though.

That's my problem. Most of them do appeal to me.  :-[

We have the police tank on remote controll. Really cool! It actually is quite controlable.

We don't have any RC thing for cars...  Though sometimes I feel like it  :P

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 02:35:09 »
interesting - I've never considered buying a 'tank' as I only tend to collect figures.  It looks well built but the signage is a bit twee (a sign declaring 'spy team' and a brief case marked 'top secret' are annoyingly ironic).  Overall though - I like the look of it, particularly the drone on top of the roof and all the different compartments although it's probably too big and bulky to make it into my collection.  But what are those weird red and grey spiked things?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 14:07:38 »
interesting - I've never considered buying a 'tank' as I only tend to collect figures.  It looks well built but the signage is a bit twee (a sign declaring 'spy team' and a brief case marked 'top secret' are annoyingly ironic). 

VERY silly, right? You could consider the police tank?

But what are those weird red and grey spiked things?

I have no idea! Thingamajigs.

Offline Duckman

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 20:10:50 »
The (thinnest ever) stickers show up under florescent light but the really cool bit is the head up display also glows when a florescent light is shone on it.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 03:17:02 »
Thara, you like troop carriers?? Well, finally we have something in common.
(if I may add, my first helicoptor was a Vertol, those huge troop carriers with double rotors, back n front, I like 'open' tanks with visible guns and crews, like the Flakpanzer....half tracked personnel carriers....landing crafts....I could go on and on but this is not a plastic modellers' forum :P )

....so Basie10, that's how a figure collector gets his/her figures displayed in dioramas' a troop carrier cramped with lots of figures (I used to even mount troops cowering behind the closed turrets of tanks)...its a nice idsplay, like Tahra suggests, get the tank!

and Tahra....if you ever put those badly printed faces away, I'll be happy to exchange them for you(I'll spray a white bandage cover the 'bad' eye or stick eyebrows to cover the poor printing etc...or make faces with 'slit' eyes...like the front man in my 'uniformed sedan carrier'...bottom line is, I try to save klicky parts from the recycle bin  ;D ...reminds me of a klicky face I had, with a deep scratch which I used as a scar/clean knife cut on one of my warrioirs...sorry for digressing..couldnt help it  ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 12:06:01 »
Thara, you like troop carriers?? Well, finally we have something in common.

Well... sci-fi ones, anyways  ;D

(if I may add, my first helicoptor was a Vertol, those huge troop carriers with double rotors, back n front,

Not sure if it's the same my dad had a model of...

and Tahra....if you ever put those badly printed faces away, I'll be happy to exchange them for you(I'll spray a white bandage cover the 'bad' eye or stick eyebrows to cover the poor printing etc...or make faces with 'slit' eyes...like the front man in my 'uniformed sedan carrier'...bottom line is, I try to save klicky parts from the recycle bin  ;D ...reminds me of a klicky face I had, with a deep scratch which I used as a scar/clean knife cut on one of my warrioirs...sorry for digressing..couldnt help it  ;)

I don't ever trash any playmo!  Some are just crooked - will be used with those crooked hairs. Others are just faded (indian faces with asian eyes, I think, not common, at least for me).. and the new one I believe is misprinted... All of these were shown in the PROCESS, somewhere...

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 09:06:32 »
I have no idea! Thingamajigs.

Oh well that clears it up ;)