Author Topic: Kirkbean 2015 - the Island Railway  (Read 13896 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Kirkbean 2015 - the Island Railway
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 06:35:39 »
Many beautifull pictures, I really like that pregnant lady with her husband. They look so sweet together.

Thank you, Rhalius.

The couple first appeared in 2011 as a courting couple and have appeared each year since.  (Maybe I should create a thread "A Playmbobil Romance".)

I wonder what next year will have for them?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 06:43:03 »
This is great, it's like I'm walking around the dio myself  :)  I love how everything is so well thought out, even the details in the paint match.
The docks are my favourite area.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 09:52:16 »
It was, as always, a great display Gordon, with many details. 
I love the goat on the barrel!
I forgot to ask if the couple have names.
Perhaps you could post photos showing them in each of your previous dioramas - looking forward to seeing what next year brings.   :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:04 »
I'd imagine next year they will either walk around happily with a baby in a wagon, or we'd see the man upset with the woman as she is holding an asian baby on her lap.  ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 12:10:27 »
It was, as always, a great display Gordon, with many details. 
I love the goat on the barrel!
I forgot to ask if the couple have names.
Perhaps you could post photos showing them in each of your previous dioramas - looking forward to seeing what next year brings.   :)

Thank you, Elaine.  As you know, the goat on the barrel was a daily occurrence at breakfast time at the farm where we were staying, often there two or three goats trying all to stay on.

No, they have no names, they are just "the couple" or, maybe, "the lovers".

Yes, I was thinking of posting them in a separate thread, but there are only four photos, so I will post them in this one at the end.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 20:26:59 »
I'd imagine next year they will either walk around happily with a baby in a wagon, or we'd see the man upset with the woman as she is holding an asian baby on her lap.  ;)

Meant in fun I know, Rhallius, but not really appropriate.  :hmm:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 20:29:58 »
This is great, it's like I'm walking around the dio myself  :)  I love how everything is so well thought out, even the details in the paint match.
The docks are my favourite area.

Thank you, Birdie.  Although there's not a lot happening in the docks, I was pleased with the result too.  No one seemed to notice that none of the ships could have passed under either of the two bridges to get out to sea.  Had anyone mentioned this, I was going to say that it was high tide!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 20:57:34 »
On then to Holiday Island.

Holiday Island was originally a select island with just three old timber-framed houses on only used by their owners.  When one of these burnt down, the owner built in its place the modern System-X holiday apartment and, instead of living there himself, rents it out to other people - the advertisement on the end wall says it all!  And so Holiday Island isn't the paradise it once was, especially this year because of the essential and urgent repair work needed one of the jetties.  Not so much holiday heaven as holiday hell!

So first, here's an overall view of Holiday Island, followed by one of the new System-X apartment:

As you can see, it's a noisy lot of holidaymakers staying there with the open-air barbecue and the radio playing loudly:

and the construction work doesn't help either:

So some people are planning a day out elsewhere:

But, despite the noise of the pneumatic drill, it's still holiday time and you can enjoy yourself sailing a model yacht or on the beach:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 21:10:41 »
At the other end of Holiday Island, it's a bit quieter away from the construction repair work and the wind is blowing the noise of the radio away, so people can just sit or stroll about and relax with an ice cream or just watching the sea:

Now, a test of observation - in the previous post did you notice the bottles of milk in the sixth picture (the one of the people waiting at the Holiday Island stopping point) and wonder how they got there?  Well, just as the train service picks up mail from the various islands (see the station pictures), it also brings in supplies of some items, notably the daily milk:

And now, you've nearly completed your journey round the Island railway, next and final stop, but that will have to be tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 21:19:01 by playmofire »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 22:42:20 »
I notice Fred and Maisie seem to be off on their own pursuits this year. Fred was back on a bench by the station while Maisie is off on the pier of Holiday Island, with her daughter perhaps?