Author Topic: 2015 Releases  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 2015 Releases
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 16:13:07 »
I really like the white deer from set 5370. The staff is also a great part to have and it hasn't shown up in that many sets.
I think it common, especially in gold. Don't they have like... WOOD trees there? You know.. brown? What are the staffs supposed to be made of?

I like that staff a lot too, but I definitely agree about the wood. I can't find any of them in real wood. All of them are strange colours...
~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 22:30:12 »

Like the way oversized Meercats?

I can't really speak as expertly as other people to say whether the animals are realistically scaled but, will trust other peoples analysis but, at least with meerkats I can see why they're scaled that size I mean look at this way if they were scaled realistically to a Klicky they'd be tiny!   

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 00:09:01 »
Naja... warum sollte der Leuchtturm hoch sein, wenn die Klippe, auf der er steht, hoch genug ist?

I don't see, why a lighthouse has to  be tall if there's a rock high enough to place it on.

jj:

Dan muss man erst eine ausreichend hohe Klippe basteln...
Then one first hast to build a high enough cliff...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 18:37:58 »
Dan muss man erst eine ausreichend hohe Klippe basteln...
Then one first hast to build a high enough cliff...
Jou, that's right...

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 00:00:59 »
Or just get the previous lighthouse online somewhere since it seems to be superiour in every possible way.

I just dont get why they never really do much with the soldiers. Why not split the sets somewhat 50/50? Give the pirates the smaller boat for a change and the soldiers the big one of the batch. Maybe have a larger fort instead of a pirate island.

If you just judge it based on this batch alone, how are four soldiers with a little lighthouse and a little boat ever going to pose a challenge to all these pirates?

The last batch did have it slightly better with a small fort with three soldiers and a cannoneer set. They seemed to have more of a fighting chance. Though I gues that through DS they will release the usual sets of 3 soldiers and 1 officer.
I'm more curious about the DS pirates that will accompany this theme though, since I dont like the soldier uniforms much.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 10:45:51 »
It's a vicious circle made of hapless designers and clueless market analysis suits. The best thing one can do is vote with one's wallet. This wave is yet another easy pass for me.

Incidentally Lego is re-launching the pirates theme this year. Nothing that beats the old stuff, but still more exciting than this.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 13:35:29 »
Just looked at the new lego stuff, I gues its not that bad but to me the company is dead since they gave up ground plates. You cant really build without that. These pirate sets should come with island plates and such, with water on it, maybe hills even.

But the older lego pirates where very strong, those of the late 80's/early 90's.
They did a lot of things with it that I would love to see with playmobil as well such as:

-trade post. It has a harbour, trade ship, wharehouse and a bit of a fort.
-Descent forts and soldier presence. Sadly too much officers and not enough common soldiers, but many great soldier sets.
-Pirate lairs. They had some beautifull pirate islands with rope bridges and such.
-Natives. Playmobil pirates have never been coupled with natives.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 13:41:05 »
Some sets still come with base plates, and of course you can still buy them individually and integrate them with the sets you have.

As for Playmobil, yes, it would be nice to switch it around every once in a while and focus on the soldiers/port town dwellers instead of the pirates. Otherwise what are the latter going to pillage? Continuations of current themese would be nice, but they don't seem to care about that. Oh well, as I said.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2015, 05:13:42 »
I love the roof and outside design of the house  :love: :love:

I am quite impressed with these 2015 new sets !

The Porsche looks gorgeous and the first one should be sent to our Friend Giorginetto  :wave:

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:27 »
all the new sets (except the super4 series) are available at:

www.playmobil.de

Playmo_80
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity