Author Topic: 5483 Chinese Fire Dragon  (Read 1393 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5483 Chinese Fire Dragon
« on: January 01, 2015, 19:36:34 »
5483 Chinese Fire Dragon

Another set I got months ago... Box empty, as usual (previously posted):

This dragon is quite different from the usual ones, more "chinese" looking.

However, articulation is lousy, the mouth barely opens :(

The wings were hard to put on, but the curly on his head was a LOT worse! Not very sure about those "hands" on the wings. Bright side is, they're easy enough to remove if we so wish.

The wings holder pops out too easily. Definetely leaves a lot to be desired, though he does look very nice.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5483 Chinese Fire Dragon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 19:37:10 »
The klicky is beautiful in orange and fire. The design is knowm, and we decided (duh) to remove that neckpiece hiding the gorgeous dragon print underneath. I also don't like the hood on him. All easily fixed.

He takes TWO quivers :) and also a shield.

The spear is meant for the dragon... A bit silly, for a big fire breathing dragon to use a spear, I think. Especially such a small one (for him).

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 21:08:41 »
That's true about the spear  :lol:

I quite like the look of the dragon, the colour, the spots, the curl on his head, the feather type things on his jaw.
But the hands do look a little weird. Why would he not have front paws?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 21:19:33 »
The hands on the wings there is a lot like the first dragons they made who had that combined wing and arm thing going on. Its really a type of wyvern since proper dragons have front arms and wings separate, like the large black ones or the newest green one does. I like the color scheme on this one and it seems a bit related to the sea snakes of the ghost pirate theme with all the curly head bits. The klicky is really the star of this set, oneof the most attractive from the Asian dragon series.

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:27:26 »
Your Chinese fire dragon is a beauty and very colorful   :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 14:32:02 »
Another great dragon review. This one our middle son refused to let any of his brothers buy a second one. Well he did not tell me so I scored a few more and stashed them.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 16:01:01 »
He's gorgeous!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 18:49:28 »
I quite like the look of the dragon, the colour, the spots, the curl on his head, the feather type things on his jaw.
But the hands do look a little weird. Why would he not have front paws?

According to George Martin, it's the hands that are weird and unnatural...  I'm good with both types. I just want them to STOP MAKING DRAGONS for a couple of years now. Give it a rest. They don't fit in the tub anymore  ::)

The klicky is really the star of this set, oneof the most attractive from the Asian dragon series.

Oh yes - he's gorgeous - well, especially if the design is shown - a big waste to have a big neckpiece. We changed that... and have another of those that will eventually most likely end up with the knights...

This one our middle son refused to let any of his brothers buy a second one.

Why?