Author Topic: 5462+5463+5464+5465 Dragon Bags  (Read 1685 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5462+5463+5464+5465 Dragon Bags
« on: August 10, 2014, 19:32:56 »
We are still trying to have all the dragons. I think we're close. From the asians, these have been elusive...

The man dragons are a bit.. strange. We had one from parts, from one of the asian sets that is not on the buy list, and though we like him, the arms are a bit... off.

Anyways, here they are - each set has a dragon and a warrior..

5462 Yellow

The klicky is nice, though not very color coordinated... The orange legs completely threw me off, until my sister pointed that there's orange in the flag. Uhm. We'll see.

The shield is very very nice! Love that design.

The dragon is GORGEOUS, the wing color really works (ok, so, he's yellow/brownish, no surprise :love:)

5463 Red

This guy has weapons enough for another! Unfortunately, that neckpiece (beautiful, and really nice for parts) does NOT work with that helmet. So one of them will have to go.

Repeat: GORGEOUS dragon, and the wing color is breathtaking - in a fiery sort of way ;)

And a close up of the usual lack of quality in print :(  It's so sad to see it steadily declining.... Worse is, this is not a freak accident.

5464 Blue

This klicky is probably the best of the lot. Only thing off is the strange design (or maybe I just don't get it) of that waist armor, that really doesn't fit.. well.. anything, but we can work with a dagger.

The dragon evokes the water, and is gorgeous in tones of blue..

5465 Black

This klicky is very nice too, though that helmet would work a lot better in silver than gold. Easily fixed. The shield is also gorgeous.

This set gave me two big surprises - the dark cuffs and the color of the asian bow :o :love: :love:

The dragon has strong colors - but I like him!

In all of them, I think I prefer the dragons without gear.. unless they go to battle, I suppose... 

As you can see, the arms are the same on the wrist (and the shoulder), so the armor is compatible.

I'm on the fence about this - I still think it's kinda creepy. On the other hand, it's.. well.. handy.

All the specific dragon stuff - helmets, leg protectors and the tail armor... There's two different helmets, and tail things too. Leg armor is all the same mold, with the upper part kinda far from the leg.. I think it'd look better if it came closer, but them probably a lot harder to remove.

I think these make a nice adition to the asians. Now we need to get them all fixed - together.

Bonus shot - with the other one..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5462+5463+5464+5465 Dragon Bags
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 02:47:22 »
Nice review Tahra. I have all the bags and tried ordering the fifth one through parts. Got every part including the wings except the actual dragon klicky that was out of stock grrrr.  I have all the others now. The gold one from the castle is really beautiful. If you don't have it definitely look for one. I like the big yellow one pretty well and the big black one has some nice features like the hands. Still prefer the older big black one though.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:20 »
Nice review Tahra. I have all the bags and tried ordering the fifth one through parts. Got every part including the wings except the actual dragon klicky that was out of stock grrrr.  I have all the others now. The gold one from the castle is really beautiful. If you don't have it definitely look for one. I like the big yellow one pretty well and the big black one has some nice features like the hands. Still prefer the older big black one though.

You scared me there for a moment.. the golden one is not a "manly dragon", it's this one (pic link), right?

A shame his legs aren't golden. My favorite is also that previous HUGE black one. And the baby black one is gorgeous too.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 20:06:35 »
Yes that's the one, and I really like his painted red legs with the gold. Very happy to see the little black and red one coming out in a regular set next year. The magazine one was hard to find so having it more available will be great.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 20:17:13 »
Very happy to see the little black and red one coming out in a regular set next year. The magazine one was hard to find so having it more available will be great.

He's soooooooo GORGEOUS. Amazing what they managed to do with so little articulation! I even got a second one  :-[

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:54 »
They are magnificent! Maybe when my 'normal' animal collection is almost complete I'll start with tose dragons. You made me like them very much.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 09:24:45 »
You made me like them very much.

Glad I could be of service!  :P

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:45 »
Thanks for the detailed pictures! I don't buy dragons, so it's nice to see them up close like this.

I'm not too sure about dragons with clicky hands and arms. I like their faces though.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 07:39:32 »
I'm not too sure about dragons with clicky hands and arms. I like their faces though.

Yes, it is kinda creepy. Weird. But yes, they have great faces. A shame about the wing "angle" being all wrong.