Author Topic: 5604 Keyboarder + 5605 Band  (Read 2604 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
5604 Keyboarder + 5605 Band
« on: October 12, 2013, 19:52:53 »
5604 Keyboarder + 5605 Band

Usual whine... The freaking boxes are empty. Especially the band one. It's beyond ridiculous! AND no instructions.. Very odd. And not handy.

The keyboarder is really nice - the klicky is mostly unremarkable - what's with that shirt? - real nice hair though.

I had a VERY hard time attaching the mike to that hold thingy (in both sets). Either I'm completely hapless with them, or it is IMPOSSIBLE for a kid to do that.

The keyboard is big and nice...

Will need a couple more (I got two of each of these sets) - both Mic Michaeli (Europe) and David Bryan (Bon Jovi) use more than a couple... Just sayin'

Next, the band...

The klickys, are a bit off, I think. Though they have nice parts, they come a bit short, I think.

The blonde guy is almost the same as the figures singer. Agh. The black guitarplayer has a gorgeous shirt - except for that "Z".. The woman has a great sleeve. Of course, thanks to the mess with the arms, they will be unusable with normal klickys (yes, I'm not done whining).

The hairs on the men are great though. Hers... well, it suits the rest, but I'm not fond of the mold.

The interesting parts - the guitar holder and the mike.. The guitar strap doesn't look too good in the holder.. maybe it needs more posing to look more natural.

Finally, here's all the klickys:

And the woman's arm, in all its glory:

And that concludes this tiny review. Great sets.  ;D  Will need the stage too, probably not the bus.

Offline Bas

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: 5604 Keyboarder + 5605 Band
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 20:09:27 »
Wonderfull colours that match playmobil city stuff!

But for the arms.....
I have the feeling with these half sleeves the clicky's hand is a bit more stiff to hold any equipment, sword etc.
Dunno if this will fade a bit after a while.

And you right about those box sizes of geobra, bought 5919 in store, the 5134 was an equally sized box!
Must have something to do with marketing, letting costumers believe its bigger as it is.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 17:48:13 »
 :(o):  *must* *have* *keyboard*

Thank you for the review  :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 18:12:01 »
I agree, I really like the keyboard set. The others aren't all that interesting to me.

Tahra -  when you go on the factory tour you will get to see them loading boxes. That would be a good time to ask about why they do it the way they do. I believe it's a combination of making it easier to load the boxes, and therefore less time consuming, and therefore less costly in labor/manufacturing time - and marketing issues like the amount of shelf space it takes up and how it looks in relation to other sets when displayed.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:55 »
Yes, the keyboard is the BEST in these sets :)

Tahra -  when you go on the factory tour you will get to see them loading boxes. That would be a good time to ask about why they do it the way they do. I believe it's a combination of making it easier to load the boxes, and therefore less time consuming, and therefore less costly in labor/manufacturing time - and marketing issues like the amount of shelf space it takes up and how it looks in relation to other sets when displayed.

I'm not saying boxes should have to be carefully packed, it's a pain to do that - but this is beyond ridiculous. MOST sets fit (at least) twice in the box! Remember more than once I put all the arrivals in ONE box?! Gods.

They have ended the individual boxes of old. And now the specials.  :(

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 17:24:02 »
Thank you for the pictures and review. We got them plus the bus but have had no time to open any.

The box size is weird but quite understandable. There needs to be enough image space on the box to fit the image of all 3 without looking crowded. Yes you could fit the band in the box that the keyboarder was in but then the box image would not fit unless you shrunk them down . Then there is the whole mental aspect to how much something costs to how big a customer expects the box to be. Then shelf presence . Also there is shipping engineers who have toile all the different boxes fit together. Making one box a little smaller might throw off the entire palet.

If you think playmobil is bad with box size to content all you have to do is look to the computer industry to see that it is not as bad as ic could be. I get hardware and software that have box sizes that could easily fit 100 of them inside and still have room left over.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 20:13:22 »
Also, the boxes have to be big enough that as the different bags and pieces are being dropped in, they don't easily fall out or bounce out or entirely miss the box. This requires some extra space. Honestly, many items we buy, from food to toys to electronics, have extra space, for all the reasons mentioned above. Think about the clear-fronted boxes that were the standard toy packaging when I was growing up and are still used by many companies like Calico Critters. They definitely leave a lot of air space! But it is so the item displayed inside doesn't look crowded or crammed in. When it's displayed in that way, we think nothing of the extra wasted space. With playmobil, it's just a picture on the front, but you still don't want it to look too crowded, or give the impression that the klickys must be much smaller than they are.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.