Author Topic: DS sell torsos separately?? and is torso 30063810 black with netting?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
I didnt know DS sells torsos separately? (since they list the torso price separately as 0,25)
if so, does anybody know what other parts (they usually dont sell separately) are now being sold separately? (I searched a couple more set numbers but didnt come across anymore)

and I thought perhaps a PF could clarify this anomaly before I can ask Heather if any correction is necessary since this same torso number used for 2 different torsos (unless the 'netting' is a stick-on)
maybe its just my eyes :-[

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
I've had some trouble with torsos, as I'm sure you're aware! Printed parts have "6" as the third digit, with almost no exceptions, so the "0" as the third digit of 30063810 means it is blank. Across the board, I've set blank body-parts as subparts of their printed equivalents, which results in this mess:

30 06 3810 - Torso, plain (male)

I'd have to create parts with unknown numbers for all of these klicky-torsos to make the sub-part system accurate, which I just haven't managed to do yet.

I have no idea if they'll actually sell you one. I'd be curious to know! AND: if you request manually (instead of using the online parts-ordering system) the torso from 4937, will you get a blank one or a printed one, I wonder?

By the way, cheng's screenshot is from the French site:
http://www.playmobil.fr/on/demandware.store/Sites-FR-Site/fr_FR/Product-Spareparts?pid=4937

In that parts list, as well as the torso, is the wig "PERÜCKE-MANN II", 0,15 €, and the top and bottom of the egg, priced at 1,45 € for the top and 1,55 € for the bottom! Who would have guessed that most of the price of the set was the egg  ???

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
I came across a plain brown torso for sale on the French DS too. It was from the latest knights carrying case, but I don't think any of the figures in it had a brown torso…
Life in the so called space age...

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
As for other examples: the parts list for the Western Sheriff 5251 includes the torso, arms, and wig, and his coat! All this is very useful info for updating the database, but I have my doubts as to whether it's as useful for people looking to buy parts.

http://www.playmobil.fr/on/demandware.store/Sites-FR-Site/fr_FR/Product-Spareparts?pid=5251
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
I came across a plain brown torso for sale on the French DS too. It was from the latest knights carrying case, but I don't think any of the figures in it had a brown torso…

5972? http://www.playmobil.fr/on/demandware.store/Sites-FR-Site/fr_FR/Product-Detail?pid=5972&cgid= ? Dark red, a sub-part of 30 00 0203 - Knight, heavy armour, red and gold; fleur-de-lys on front. Again, the third digit of the torso's number, 30066480, tells me it's plain, but the torso shown is obviously not. A mystery.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
It would be nice if they did as I would like a couple of the sheriff torsos.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
oh, I did not know Geobra started selling body parts. I hope it expands to other things like ligaments
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
thanks Heather, I'm clearer now.  :love:Your website is fantastic already, we wouldn't dare expect you to perfect nor make any part of your system accurate  ;)
and thanks everyone....I sure hope we can buy parts, at least from the French DS, first :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Do let us know cheng... I'd like a few of those myself! :love: