Author Topic: Dinos! Dinos!! and more Dinos!!!  (Read 22182 times)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
Re: Dinos! Dinos!! and more Dinos!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 13:41:49 »

Now, I want to show the following set:

5234 Triceratops with baby

This dino is the same seen in sets 4170 and 5014, just with a different paint design, also the baby. Colors are not as bright as shown in box. Interesting stuff? A nice nature observer klicky with camouflage clothes and a tree that makes his job easier. The box has a medium size (30x25x10 cm or 12x10x4 in).

Triceratops lived during the late cretaceous period (68-65 million years ago)

This is the contents (including a new snakefly):

This set gives us an alpha male. Why? Watch how he displays his colors to attract females as part of courtship.  :love:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 13:48:23 »
Another great review, but why is there a human hiding in a dead tree trunk with dinosaurs? :lol: He looks like he has a blaster or camera or something from the future and timewarped there... Hmm, is this explained at all?

Those giant bugs are really cool too.
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 13:58:35 »
Yep, he looks like a time traveler to me! Thanks for this great review, including the pics of the real thing. I love how you used the new one as the male, having more vibrant colors. Really great idea!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 14:45:01 »
ah, the new triceraptor looks beauiful  :inlove: better than the first one

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 15:34:55 »
another great review of the dinos. I am a little put off by the green head and yellow lower jaw but will have to see it in my hands to be sure. I really like how the baby is painted with the lighter accents of color.

thanks for the review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 16:58:24 »
Great review indeed! I'm in love with the klicky, the colorscheme is great. The triceratops is oke, but for me not interesting enough.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 14:51:59 »
Fantastic reviews! Funny how the ape assists you displaying the sets. If I had more room, I would definitely also collect the Dino's because I 'm crazy about them since I was 7 years old (like a lot of boys now, but I was that age in the 70ties, far before Jurassic Park)

Those bugs and plants are truly amazing.. Thanks for the review!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 13:00:00 »

5233 Velociraptor attack on Deinonychus nest

This set gives us two dinos belonging to the same family; although seen before in other sets, dinos have new colors now. In addition, the giant trunk is remarkable and useful for other themes, plus a klicky with an immobilizer gun to deal with dangerous creatures. The box has a medium size (35x25x10 cm or 14x10x6 in).

The modern theories say that both Deinonychus and Velociraptor, from cretaceous period, had feathers (Maybe we will see a new Geobra design for future series).

More photos of contents:

Final comparison: Did you notice the side view of the box? Claws are not painted in the image but figure fortunately is!!! I hope all figures will have brown claws in the future; otherwise we will have the same issue seen in set 4175:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10565.0

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 15:14:25 »
Thanks for a new great review of the new dinos. That new tree stump looks great and will be quite useful in our forest dioramas
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 16:44:33 »
I starting to like this theme... thanks a lot Klick Kong.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:lol:
Seriously, I like it more and more. But I must say also that I like the accesories better than the dinos themselves. BUt anyway.... my wallet is bleeding!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com