Author Topic: Discuss the new train set!  (Read 9758 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Discuss the new train set!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 23:41:05 »
It looks good to me and is nicely industrial for the cargo theme.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 00:31:36 »
I really like that cargo crane in the picture, too! :)9 Another gotta have! BTW, surely PM will have addon cars for this train, it seems lacking with just an engine & 1 cargo car.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 00:35:50 »
Hmmmmm,.....uses regular batteries?, That may mean the engine isn't strong enough to pull multiple cars, only one instead. :-\
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 00:37:37 »
It also clearly states that the loc is 64 cm not the whole train.

That is not possible, it must be the length of the loc with the wagon: a 3940 (US 3286) or 5135 pirates' ship is ca. 64 cm, the loc certainly can't be that long or you couldn't hold it in one hand  ???

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline tomegood87

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:49:42 »
According to the catalog it needs 1 nine volt block and 6 AA batteries.

So most likely it will be just as strong as the old R/C Locos. 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:17:40 »
Hmmmmm,.....uses regular batteries?, That may mean the engine isn't strong enough to pull multiple cars, only one instead. :-\

I've got the battery powered RC locos, Bill, and they use 4 x 1.5 volt batteries and are strong enough to pull multiple wagons and coaches (and I run the rolling stock with the ballast weights fitted). 

Here are a couple of links to photos of long trains:

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/playmofire/Playmobil/Playmobil%20trains/Revised%20Beachtown%20end/Longertrains2.jpg

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/playmofire/Playmobil/Playmobil%20trains/Goods4.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 09:54:07 »
Lovely pics gordon. So we will get at least the same power as the old RC? I don't have any all my trains are LGB models. Maybe the extra two batteries are just for the sound and lights.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:49 »
Lovely pics gordon. So we will get at least the same power as the old RC? I don't have any all my trains are LGB models. Maybe the extra two batteries are just for the sound and lights.

I imagine that they're possibly going to be something other than alkaline or nic-cad rechargeables too.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 12:21:29 »
the locomotive is not 64cm length, but about 32cm...on the picture in the first message, you can determine the length with the track as reference....the total length is about 64cm... :wave:
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 14:11:32 »
I've got the battery powered RC locos, Bill, and they use 4 x 1.5 volt batteries and are strong enough to pull multiple wagons and coaches (and I run the rolling stock with the ballast weights fitted). 

I've had only the rechargable battery Playmobil RC trains, how long do the 4 batteries in yours last with long & weighted cars?