Author Topic: Discuss the new train set!  (Read 9760 times)

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
Re: Discuss the new train set!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 17:22:11 »
It is not the shortest train it is as short as the last two cargo trains. ;D
It also clearly states that the loc is 64 cm not the whole train.
No, that can't be!!

The car/wagon is ~30 cm long and the loco can't be twice as long as the wagon!
»Loco length« is a typing error, I think.
It must be: »train length = 64 cm«.

The 4010-loco is longer than this one (it has 4 axles!), but it had also only one (1) wagon/car.
But I think this loco is longer than the 4050-/4024-/4085-Diesel locomotive.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 17:38:27 »
I've had only the rechargable battery Playmobil RC trains, how long do the 4 batteries in yours last with long & weighted cars?

I must admit, Bill, I've never checked this out particularly as I usually run up to three or four wagons or carriages and with that load I can go most of a day at a display with one set of well charged batteries.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 17:44:43 »
those are nice pics, Gordon

I'm not particularly thrilled about this train (i don't love the design and theme it's from, oh not to mention those ugly rc tracks) - I dare to say that if PM plans to re-introduce a train theme this was not the best start, oh well only time will tell....
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 18:00:44 »
I'm afraid that the days of Playmobil LGB electric trains are now forever gone. The new RC trains are what most toy manufacturers are going to, like Lego, & others. The retired metal tracks are expensive & take a lot of adult supervision & assistance for set up, connections, maintenance, etc., which the RC models nearly eliminate. I miss the old ones for nostalgic reasons of realism, not practicality.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 18:59:37 »
I'm afraid that the days of Playmobil LGB electric trains are now forever gone. The new RC trains are what most toy manufacturers are going to, like Lego, & others. The retired metal tracks are expensive & take a lot of adult supervision & assistance for set up, connections, maintenance, etc., which the RC models nearly eliminate. I miss the old ones for nostalgic reasons of realism, not practicality.

and the lgb ones are quieter and better for the environment (no batteries to dispose of)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 21:04:33 »
and the lgb ones are quieter and better for the environment (no batteries to dispose of)

Very true, Atto! I'm afraid if I get this new set I will be investing in 2 sets of rechargeable batteries with charging systems, but after they go coplewy, they will need to be given into a recycling place to comply with not sending them to landfills :-\.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 22:02:08 »
Phhhhhhh  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:  !!!! Battery trains and those horrible tracks again  >:( >:( >:( >:( . I am rather new to playmo trains  0)  and just have one 4052 and two 4051 engines with 6 passenger wagons 1st and 2nd class and a full western train with most wagons twice . I hope any future trains can be converted to electrical trains as these are the real trains and sorry to say , personally i cant grow to like battery trains, they are njust not right to me .. i am really pleased a new train is out , these cranes look awesome , but i will stick to my LGB tracks and proper electric trains. of course analogue as i am  a weirdo and I  dont like digital very much  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 23:23:16 »
if the price is right... i'll get one my guess is that it will come in at about $100 ...

Given the recent price increases and the new RC controller, I'm thinking it will be closer to $200 than $100 :(

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 00:30:40 »
and that in turn will make the current prices of vintage LGB trains seem not so bad

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 08:38:03 »
and that in turn will make the current prices of vintage LGB trains seem not so bad

I bought a mint 4051 about 4 months ago for less than 50euros . and it was mind and complete 100% . and has proper mechanics that last if you ask me

Sorry i am taking such a strong view on trains ( reminds me of my hardcore views on steck  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[    :lol: ) but with prices for LGB track being reasonable ( used tracks ) and the ebay prices for the old electric trains i really cant see the rational for these locos. i wonder though if its easy enough to replace the battery motor/unit with an old motor. These motors are available on ebay , i boughtx 3 MISB (!!) ones  last year and they cost me round 35 euros each which is not bad for a MISB motor !!!! i wonder if that replacement is possible

With a proper electric train on LGB trucks and digital controls the possibilities are endless and some very complex systems /sets can be set . ANd the LGB tracks look soooo much better than those black plastic ones that look like a chinese monoraul toy if you ask me ( sorry , a rather strong view again ...)

LGB was bought by Marklin some years ago and their new sets are awesome and new tracks with different lenghts and angles etc , really awesome . Its a shame Playmobil moved away from LGB....  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: