Author Topic: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: Annoying room placements in PM doll houses
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 01:35:19 »

how is this going to happen??  ??? the basement is under the ground ...

no matter what anyone says 5300 and 5305 are the best houses ever made i don't really mind with the kitchen being in the front door..

The basement doesn't necessarily have to be underground.  The basement level would have lower ceilings and the front door on the main main floor would be reached by exterior stairs, like the picture below.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:40:45 by Justindo »
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 14:24:16 »
The basement doesn't necessarily have to be underground.  The basement level would have lower ceilings and the front door on the main main floor would be reached by exterior stairs, like the picture below.
Good observation, this is very much like many of the brownstones I have seen in Brooklyn, NY.  The kitchens are in the basement level and the living and dining areas are on the main level above. 
Joe   
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 14:27:08 »
Yes, I was thinking of this design, too. Very good way to make a basement. Maybe PM will listen to us!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2011, 09:37:21 »

I dunno about a toy house, but in real life the thought of a kitchen being sequestered away down in the basement doesn't make the thought of cooking fun at all!  :(  more like slavery!  In real life I'd prefer a wide and open kitchen that is incorporated into the surrounding aesthetics of the household they're cooking for.

As for the playmo house, I agree the old victorian houses are THEE AWESOMEST houses ever, even though there is always room for improvements.  Having a basement section with lower ceilings might work I suppose.  Or to avoid having to lower the celiings, maybe the house could come with a deeper foundation (maybe looking like a side of a hill or rock) so the basement level can stick up halfway above the foundation, and halfway below the foundation. (so it's windows would be at groundfloor level.  When you look out from the kitchen window, you'd be able to see someone's feet if they were standing directly outside the window)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 15:49:54 »

oh i see... ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2011, 16:54:44 »
I dunno about a toy house, but in real life the thought of a kitchen being sequestered away down in the basement doesn't make the thought of cooking fun at all!  :(  more like slavery! 
The brownstone's kitchen I was thinking about in Brooklyn was anything but a dungeon.  It was a warm, welcoming and lightfilled room which opened onto a beautiful brick patio and walled garden.  There was enough room in the kitchen for an enormous round table where the family ate and entertained most of the time.  There was also a dumbwaiter, which elevated trays of food to the formal dining room just above.  I thought it was very neat!   ;)
Joe   
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2011, 23:35:04 »
The brownstone's kitchen I was thinking about in Brooklyn was anything but a dungeon.  It was a warm, welcoming and lightfilled room which opened onto a beautiful brick patio and walled garden.  There was enough room in the kitchen for an enormous round table where the family ate and entertained most of the time.  There was also a dumbwaiter, which elevated trays of food to the formal dining room just above.  I thought it was very neat!   ;)
Joe   

well, then, that's much better!  :D  (and as a side, I've always wanted to ride a dumbwaiter like in cartoons when I was a kid)

OH, and that'd be a cool feature to have in a Playmohouse: a dumbwaiter!
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!