Author Topic: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?  (Read 10794 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 15:30:54 »
Just a schism so far. Some people were worried that Playmodb might become a pay to view site, because of the perceived link via Collectobil to this site. Paranoid maybe, but people are working on very limited information from Collectobil's new management, a lot of speculation, and if they imagine monsters under the bed, I can understand their concerns. I was trying to avert an all-out feud with the suggested changed wording, and hopefully that danger has now been avoided. Thank you whoever is responsible for your prompt action.

Yes, there are many members here who are also at Playmoboard, usually with the same usernames, and there are PB members who read this forum but aren't members here. Very occasionally people lose focus on the fact that Playmobil is a toy aimed at children (and the young at heart) and meant to be fun. I hate seeing these public arguments, they diminish my pleasure in reading the forums and Playmobil generally, and I don't imagine many other people enjoy them unless they're rubbernecks of the "oh look, a gorgeous train-wreck" mentality.

PlaymoFriends, Playmoboard, Playmodb, Collectobil, the Product Archive at Playmobil.de and Garden Wargames comprise much of my internet Playmobil universe, and I don't like to see unpleasantness because of any of them.

Thanks for the reply, Martin.  :)  I completely agree with your distaste for public arguments - disagreeing in a civilized manner is one thing while fighting for its own sake is quite another.  I am relieved that there does not appear to be any real trouble brewing between PF and PB - the Playmofan community has proven to be large and diverse enough to support many locations for all of us to share our common interest in a wonderful toy that is meant to be fun, as you pointed out.  Even though I haven't posted at Playmoboard for a very long time I do look in occasionally, just as I am sure that folks from PB look in over here as well.  Nothing wrong with that!   ;)

After taking another look at PB, it looks to me as if the "anti-Playmofriends feeling" and the concern about Playmodb turning into a fee-based site emanates from a single source.  In my own experience with this type of individual, he/she sets out "bait" in the form of statements that one cannot let go unanswered and then turns the ensuing discussion into an unpleasant argument.  In my opinion, such a person is just looking for a fight.  Playmoboard has a particular feature which I found very useful during my time there:  a button on the member profile page which says "add [member name] to my ignore list."  It makes viewing very calm and peaceful!  :yup:  ;D

It is unfortunate that the postings on Collectobil have generated so much confusion and so little real information.  I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.   :help:

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 16:38:55 »
Well somebody around here knows and is just biting their tong. After Martin asked something happened so they must be reading these posts. Perhaps they have such big plans they do not want to let the cat out of the bag  :hmm:

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 19:58:55 »
What ever happened to collectobil and why did it stop being updated in 2006?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 00:09:20 »
why did it stop being updated in 2006?

The then owner of Collectobil (Bart) went to work for Geobra Brandstätter (= Playmobil) in Germany.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!