Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
News / Re: Müller Black Knight exclusive
« Last post by StJohn on July 21, 2024, 00:38:32 »
Still nothing to show for all my hunting. Meanwhile, the first Müller knight (to my knowledge) is up at ebay.de, fetching 156 € excluding shipping, with still 16 hrs to go  8}
Report & Review / Re: Set 71680:10 Asterix characters
« Last post by StJohn on July 21, 2024, 00:15:39 »
Thanks for the review, GrahamB! I'm over the moon with the Asterix theme,* also the recently released sets like the 10-characters pack you have presented. Official prices are impossible but here in Germany it is easy to get them at massive discount, even immediately upon release. The new chariot is awesome, as is the aquilifer that comes with it (picture centre) – the first appearance of the standard Playmobil roman legs in Asterix green! :love: Nice variation with the skirts. Need to get a dozen of him.

They are overdoing it with the muscle arms, imho.

Take care, you all!

* With the exception of the Asterix and Obelix figures, because the first is a child, and the second a ... troll? At any rate, not a klicky. Was able to avoid Asterix so far, but unfortunately ended up with a bunch of Obelix while stocking up on architecture parts in set 71268 Edifis and the Battle of the Palace – need to get rid of those. :loco:
Story-Telling / Re: Lost Kingdoms
« Last post by TableKnight on July 20, 2024, 13:52:41 »
I promised a map, but how about two  :lol:

Below is the the map of Ombaroth, which is the the name for the continent which has all of these kingdoms, and it includes many realms and coats of arms! I originally made this map a few years ago, but it still quite up to date showing where all of these places are in relation to each other and expands upon my map on page 1 :knight:

Note the Viking realm of Kolmar and the Barbarian lands of Logar in the north, showing that their armies went quite far south to besiege Liore :viking: There's quite a few dwarven kingdoms too, such as Kardum in the north, the Crystal Caves in the Palogrim Mountains surrounded by the expansive Plains of Ingelil, the city-state of Angarond just east of Torras, and the Kingdom of the Gold Hills to the south.

The Land of Dragons is one of the largest regions, home to good and evil dragons and their worshipers. Nestled in a hidden valley was the Scattered Forms home to the murcheners (rabbit heads  8}), and all across the continent are hidden realms of elves, gnomes, and more! There's quite a few fantasy races which I want to include in this project, here's the list of all the races and monsters that I've written bits about (and want to include in playmo-form  :D)

Dopplers • Dragons • Dwarfs • Elves • Faeries • Fauns • Frogmen • Gnomes • Goblins • Halflings • Humans • Mermen • Minotaurs • Murcheners • Mushmen • Rockmen • Sprotlings • Trolls • Undead • Vampires • Werewolves

Some of these I don't know how I will make klicky's for. I intend to use kid-figures for halflings (and those with beards for gnomes), green-skin + dwarf legs for goblins, faun legs for Minotaurs, but I have no idea about frogmen or rockmen!

And now for the second map :knight: This is still work-in-progress and I will make changes as I go along, but here is western Ombaroth specifically centred around Torras. I used Tiermann's coats of arms for this map, as I have tried to line up klicky heraldry with the kingdoms as best as I can (Walad and Suls doesn't quite line up though!)  ;D

Hope that you all like these maps and my ideas, I want to keep expanding as much as I can and I have a few klicky's on the way to represent some armies and characters  :)9

This could turn out to not only include a lot of Playmobil's knights themes and games, but I am really open to ideas from you all! I do wish that the Kingdom Map threads were still active/around as that (and Playmundo on Playclicks!) seemed like a really great source of inspiration and community, and while I don't think any of my stuff is even close to reaching that level I like the idea of a project becoming a resource of some kind in the future (I have made encounter tables, local maps of Balwen, and more...I don't think I'm ever going to let my dreams of a playmo-TTRPG fade away!). Sorry I am just rambling now  :lol:
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on July 18, 2024, 23:05:20 »

Trains! / Re: BASF playmobil train
« Last post by Rasputin on July 18, 2024, 22:57:56 »
Hmm

I had no idea there were promo trains

Thanks for showing off your collection additions
Trains! / Re: BASF playmobil train
« Last post by playmofire on July 18, 2024, 19:01:31 »
Very interesting, although BASF didn't particularly go to town on the graphics.
Trains! / BASF playmobil train
« Last post by pingo on July 18, 2024, 18:06:42 »
 <:> My newest purchased train set is this BASF advertising train
They were distributed or sold to radio and television dealers in the late 80s to early 90s
The transformer that is included is marked 14. 06.1989
There are 12 curved tracks and 6 straight tracks included.
It could then drive around with different of their cassette tapes or reel tapes on the 2 flatbed cars in an exhibition.
I have previously bought a couple of wagons with the BASF logo here in Denmark
I don't know if it is only in this country that they were distributed/sold.
 :camera: more pictures here https://photos.app.goo.gl/oVQyQtvHa5vaAQf77
Report & Review / Re: Set 71680:10 Asterix characters
« Last post by Klickteryx on July 18, 2024, 09:23:45 »
It honestly seems a little pointless with Asterix and Obelix already appearing in so many sets and them being easy enough to pick up in a small one.

Also odd that Ceasar and a random clicky are in there as well instead of other familiar faces of the village. Like I don't think the blacksmith and his wife ever made an appearance yet at all. Nestorix and his wife would also be better picks.
The blacksmith is an obvious one that is missing. I'm glad they've done a couple of characters from the newer books by Ferri but the blacksmith and his wife should be the next ones done which would then complete the main village buildings. A roundhouse would be nice at some point if the series continues and a couple of children with an assortment of helmets.

I think Graindemais would have been a better fit in this set than Caesar. Okay he's not a Gaul but he's dressed like one. Actually the Norman kid isn't a Gaul either but he's a lot closer than Mr Caesar.
News / Re: Not Quite Playmobil News
« Last post by JLMatterer on July 18, 2024, 00:30:47 »

News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on July 18, 2024, 00:20:31 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10