Author Topic: customising a Flag for Sakai Tadatsugu  (Read 2286 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
customising a Flag for Sakai Tadatsugu
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:43 »
I am looking for help from owners of pirate ship flags  :)
may I know if all these three flags are of the same size and same shape (i.e. from the same mould) ?
this is the flag I have in mind, thank you! :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: customising a Flag for Sakai Tadatsugu
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:32 »
Hi cheng! The first two are made of the same mould... the third one being from 4290 is different. Notice the curves, in the first two flags they go upwards, while in the third they go downwards!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:42 »
Hi cheng! The first two are made of the same mould... the third one being from 4290 is different. Notice the curves, in the first two flags they go upwards, while in the third they go downwards!

that's fast, Wolf Knight! THANK YOU! ;)

I've learnt that PM drawings can be misleading sometimes  :P but will accept this if nobody thinks otherwise ;D

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:13:26 »
wolf knight, I did some searching, I think its quite conclusive from these two photos that the 2nd and 3rd flags are also from the same mould  ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:10 »
wolf knight, I did some searching, I think its quite conclusive from these two photos that the 2nd and 3rd flags are also from the same mould  ;)

Yes they are!! The instructions pic is a bit misleading...

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:04 »
Hmmm, I have the 4290, and the flag from that is the same as the previous large square flag that I have from the 3286.  FYI.  It is also the same as the yellow griffin flag for the knights I have.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:30 »
......the 4290, and the flag from that is the same as the previous large square flag that I have from the 3286......
"OWNER CONFIRMED"!! ...and thanks for this final affirmation Black Pearl!  :wave:
...now to make a flag and also a sakai tadatsugu samurai  ;D

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:26 »
Hey cheng.
Isn't this flag too big for this use? Don't you want to try a small banner hung vertically from the upper shaft? Just bringing ideas...
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 15:15:44 »
Hey cheng.
Isn't this flag too big for this use? Don't you want to try a small banner hung vertically from the upper shaft? Just bringing ideas...
Arnaud

Maybe if you cut off a third from the end or something...
That would make it seem much more rectangular. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:36:02 »
Hey cheng.
Arnaud

agreed Arnaud....i wasnt thinking of a sashimono(small banner tied to backs) but the hand-held ones...maybe a nobori (http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=6624.0) and you read my mind, I havent made a hanging banner....I was thinking about using the PM banner hanger from the knight theme  ;D

and WOT....yes I was thinking of trimming it narrower(you seem to know i now dont hesitate to cut PM parts anymore  :lol:) and adding blank black flags above and below like i did with those Lego flags, thats why I was hoping the have the same cuves at the top and bottom edges so i can stack 3 into a big nobori  :P

thanks you guys! I will buy at least 1 new samurai when it comes out next month and cannibalise him  :P