Author Topic: We'll be glad to help you!  (Read 5728 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: We'll be glad to help you!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 01:57:29 »
My Leopard Geckos hated me... I liked them, but they hated me. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 02:10:05 »

You had an iguana!!!!  That is my dream pet lizard!!!  That is so cool!!!

I didn't know they are on the delicate side.  What makes them delicate?

Maybe a "pet" iguana can be a bit "delicate," but I would never accuse a wild iguana of ever being a delicate creature ...  :no:

They'll whip the heck out of you with their tails and they have mouths full of razor sharp teeth. Our dog has been whipped and I've been bitten. Wild iguanas are definitely not delicate!

And, BTW ... I've never seen a wild iguana lose its tail. Even when they get run over by a car, truck or island safari bus.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 02:18:03 »
My Leopard Geckos hated me... I liked them, but they hated me. 

Liz is very social, friendly, & enjoys being held, but Lee is very aggressive, & easily agitated! They both make a chirping sound if something makes them unhappy while being held! Lee will squirm, wiggle, & tail whip to get loose if someone is inexperienced in handling him.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 02:27:17 »

Maybe a "pet" iguana can be a bit "delicate," but I would never accuse a wild iguana of ever being a delicate creature ...  :no:

They'll whip the heck out of you with their tails and they have mouths full of razor sharp teeth. Our dog has been whipped and I've been bitten. Wild iguanas are definitely not delicate!

And, BTW ... I've never seen a wild iguana lose its tail. Even when they get run over by a car, truck or island safari bus.

My son had 2 Iguanas when he was younger because he heard my stories, & the tail dropping happened to both when he wasn't handling them properly! It's common in domestic breeds. I had one that was partially wild due to a previous owner not associating with him! He was totally aggressive, & would chase my wife when we first started dating, & would corner her onto a bar stool while whipping his tail, & hissing, & yes, teeth are a concern if you haven't raised them from youngster age, & aren't used to be handled! Salmonella is also a concern!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:41:16 »
They are herbivores, & their diet consists of items like fresh romaine lettuce, collard greens, dandelion greens, etc. They need a lot of calcium also. Back in the day I fed my lizard Izzy, cottage cheese before calcium powder became available. Their habitat must be warm, & humidity 80%, a tropical type, with varying temps from day to night. They will need artifical lighting sources for sunlight, & warmth with thermostat controls to prevent overheating or excessive cold. Their set ups need to be large enough to accommodate them to grow, because the larger their home is, the larger they will grow. A large climbing tree is needed because they love to rest in trees in the wild! One caution, never pick them up by their tails, or near their tails! They are known to drop their tails if startled which means the tail becomes detached from the body, but will continue to twitch distracting the offender while the lizard escapes into hiding!
The tail will regenerate, & grow back as a distorted appendage that will never look as good as the original.

Hmm.  That is rather high maintenance.  Maybe I'd better not.  Perhaps Playmobil will come out with an iguana (ha!).  If they ever do, I'm getting it!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 13:46:36 »
So this is where it went!  I lost track of this part of the conversation not realizing that Bill cleverly split the thread.

Aww.  Cute dog!  How old is she?

Thanks, KM, we think so, too!  She is two years old and of indeterminate parentage.   ;)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 17:58:07 »

She is two years old and of indeterminate parentage.   ;)

I love dogs!  I understand that dogs of "indeterminate parentage" tend to be healthier and smarter than purebreds (or so I've been told).  Where did you get her?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 19:08:15 »

DOGS !!!

Playmobil Dogs

Maybe we should also talk about Playmobil dogs before this whole topic gets moved over to the PFZ.

This has been a great lead in for a discussion about ALL the different dogs that Playmobil has made over the years.

There may even be one or two that Tiermann missed (although I doubt it).

Here's a start: Do any of the dogs look like your dogs?

see attachments

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 19:19:55 »
I think I'm going to have to start collecting Playmodogs.  My apartment does not allow dogs.  :(

Back to Heather's db for some research...
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 19:23:29 »
DOGS !!!
Playmobil Dogs
Maybe we should also talk about Playmobil dogs before this whole topic gets moved over to the PFZ.
Here's a start: Do any of the dogs look like your dogs?

Hey  :hissyfit:! What about those of us who don't have dogs  :hmm:!