Author Topic: Big plans at Playmobil: Manufacturer announces decisive changes in toys  (Read 4552 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Big plans at Playmobil: Manufacturer announces decisive changes in toys
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2022, 00:33:54 »
People tend to focus on recycling because it's the easiest part which doesn't impact on their life at all. The mantra should be Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in that order. Ultimately, reducing consumption should be the aim but of course none of us want to do that - recycling should be a last resort.

Amen, brother. The problem is that manufacturers read the mantra backward. Can't blame them – reduction and reuse are anathema to them. But as long as they set the agenda, so-called sustainability is getting us nowhere near goal.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2022, 02:42:54 »
I will go and polish my Pedant's badge!

Careful you don't run into a pedanteater  <:>
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 10:39:44 »
Well, you have to read this with the knowledge of how press releases work at Geobra.

There is certainly an ambition, and even some pressure to do this. But it is also a news story, an intent, and as i observed over the years often the arrow descends rapidly after it has been shot from the bow.

Two years back the big ambition was to evolve to a multichannel brand, with tv series and cutting edge digital offerings centered around newly developed "franchises". The tv-series ended up getting side-tracked to youtube, and the big plan digital offerings where endlessly discussed but never put into motion, with the end result that the entire digital entertainment department was restructured into non-existence. It was just a "too difficult" ambition for the company, yet the only true issue was that it was not prepared to invest in a bold future.

So we'll take note of this toy fair news buzzer, and see where things stand in two years from now :-)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2022, 15:21:56 »

There is certainly an ambition, and even some pressure to do this. But it is also a news story, an intent, and as i observed over the years often the arrow descends rapidly after it has been shot from the bow.

What a wonderfully descriptive phrase.  Does anyone know any politicians that might apply to?

Note, we have to steer clear of politics on the forum and so that is a hypothetical question and, as my great niece explained to her father when she was 9 or 10 years old, you don't have to answer it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2022, 19:15:01 »
To be honest, every company talks about 'sustainability' and for about 99% this is just a bit of Green-Washing with almost no meaningful change.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2022, 21:09:51 »
People tend to focus on recycling because it's the easiest part which doesn't impact on their life at all. The mantra should be Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in that order. Ultimately, reducing consumption should be the aim but of course none of us want to do that - recycling should be a last resort.

So true , reduce & reuse then at last resort recycle

We’re a consumer based economy so it highly doubtful
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2022, 09:55:03 »
What a wonderfully descriptive phrase.  Does anyone know any politicians that might apply to?

Ha ha! Oh yes! And plenty who talk a good job! When all's said and done, a lot more is said than done.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2022, 15:19:25 »
Ya but “all talk and no action” is what most humans do, it’s hardly a politicians issue.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2022, 17:11:47 »
as they say out West, "All hat and no cattle"  :cowboy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2022, 17:54:33 »
as they say out West, "All hat and no cattle"  :cowboy:

Or as most lap dog owners know “all bark and no bite”