Author Topic: Affects of re-releases on collectors  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Affects of re-releases on collectors
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 17:10:39 »
I too would like slight variations in color to add some variety in diorama  but then if left to gnomes at Geobra…..we’ll they’ll probably make playmobil fantasy purple stecks and pink western houses
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 07:55:35 »
I too would like slight variations in color to add some variety in diorama  but then if left to gnomes at Geobra…..we’ll they’ll probably make playmobil fantasy purple stecks and pink western houses

I'm good with purple steck. As long as it's steck.... and different colors for the west walls...  :P

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 10:54:41 »
I too would like slight variations in color to add some variety in diorama 

I am slightly surprised that they didn't - especially with the newer ones where they have gone to the effort to change the furniture/signs/figures. The western sets do have a dark red roof now. But I think some different colours would have been good.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 14:15:08 »
I am slightly surprised that they didn't - especially with the newer ones where they have gone to the effort to change the furniture/signs/figures. The western sets do have a dark red roof now. But I think some different colours would have been good.

It would have been a 3 fold good decision to make slight color variations

1- maintains the collectors value
2- entices the collectors to buy the new variant
3- I forgot #3…..

It’s just looks good in dioramas, repurposes older molds and they could have marketed it as “Classic playmo”

Too early in California….tea time
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2023, 14:23:33 »
2- entices the collectors to buy the new variant

Exactly. We didn't get the new ones because they are the same (also applis  to the small victorian house - it was the same when first released, so we didn't get it)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2023, 14:27:34 »
Exactly. We didn't get the new ones because they are the same (also applis  to the small victorian house - it was the same when first released, so we didn't get it)

I bet you would have bought the Victorian car and truck if they were new colors also

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2023, 14:33:12 »
I bet you would have bought the Victorian car and truck if they were new colors also

That's what I meant, yes... And POSSIBLY the house .. Though that one poses another problem - space - it's huge and not core, and I admit I never actually MESSED with it, to see possibilities. But it IS steck.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2023, 10:20:33 »
It would have been a 3 fold good decision to make slight color variations

1- maintains the collectors value

Certainly a big driver among adult collectors of the modular Lego buildings is the belief that they will retain their value, and it's driven by the understanding that they won't be re-issued.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2023, 13:52:36 »
Certainly a big driver among adult collectors of the modular Lego buildings is the belief that they will retain their value, and it's driven by the understanding that they won't be re-issued.

I’m not a Lego collector, even though we have a huge collection, that doesn’t make sense

Isn’t Lego a construction toy, you can just use bricks to build any set ?

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2023, 15:22:06 »
Yes, but I think with the bigger sets there are always parts or figures that are specific for a set. I was looking to order a Ninjago baby dragon, but that figure is almost as expensive as 1/3 of the whole set