i like it
9 (60%)
i don't like it
1 (6.7%)
i like it a little
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: September 14, 2010, 18:53:15

Author Topic: who likes the new piano ??  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: who likes the new piano ??
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 05:16:55 »
And let us not forget the video games...we live in a digital age...for quite a few years now! Children are more enthusiastic about a video game than a playmobil set... So yes, I agree with Ras, playmobil has to keep producing new sets constantly (i think lego does so every six months right?) to keep the attention live...

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 06:37:47 »
I fully agree with your sentiments Rasputin and Sir Wolf, I would even like to go one step further. They dont just need to make new sets but also put in new technology to show the kids of the digital information age that Playmobil is fun to play with.

So even though the new Spy theme doesn't appeal to us collectors (Although the potential to use the Secret Hide Out as an underground torture chamber is an intriging one), it (hopefully) will appeal to a new customer base with all the modern gadgets and what not.

And I am sure that it is often easier to buy the second blue box then the first so I am a supporter of the Spy Theme although I don't like it personally.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 14:19:22 »
Hi

One thing we seem to over look so often here in the collectors world is that Playmobil needs to have fast sales on a very broad market. In this day and age of short attention spans kids loose interest in themes and Playmobil is trying to keep up. Companies like Lego have faster turnaround and seem to be able to dominate the market. Playmobil is really in a difficult situation with market research, design, mold creation, etc... taking sometimes years to get a particular Theme to market. By this time the market has changed only complicating the process.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

And let us not forget the video games...we live in a digital age...for quite a few years now! Children are more enthusiastic about a video game than a playmobil set... So yes, I agree with Ras, playmobil has to keep producing new sets constantly (i think lego does so every six months right?) to keep the attention live...

yes i tottaly agree with you that playmobil has to make new sets and themes to keep up the childrens attention  but they must make nice sets as well playmobil needs better desighners thats my opinion  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 15:59:28 »
I fully agree with your sentiments Rasputin and Sir Wolf, I would even like to go one step further. They dont just need to make new sets but also put in new technology to show the kids of the digital information age that Playmobil is fun to play with. . .

One idea that has been under discussion for years now is a CAD system for Playmobil - I believe that a Playmobil CAD software package would bridge that gap for young people who are at the point of "outgrowing" Playmobil and would also be really fun and interesting for everyone else.  We have lost some of the earlier history of this idea (one such discussion began on Playmoboard years ago) but the conversation has also taken place here at Playmofriends (one thread, for example: CAD System - Computer Aided Design for Playmobil ) and I am sure that Playmo fans in other forums have discussed it, as well.

Sorry, I strayed off topic  :-[  but I voted that I like the new piano - as others have said, I would also like to see it in black or dark brown.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 16:03:04 »

Sorry, I strayed off topic  :-[  but I voted that I like the new piano - as others have said, I would also like to see it in black or dark brown.   :)

thats the only thing that didn't bother me to tell you i like it's colour  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 16:55:59 »
One idea that has been under discussion for years now is a CAD system for Playmobil - I believe that a Playmobil CAD software package would bridge that gap for young people who are at the point of "outgrowing" Playmobil and would also be really fun and interesting for everyone else.  We have lost some of the earlier history of this idea (one such discussion began on Playmoboard years ago) but the conversation has also taken place here at Playmofriends (one thread, for example: CAD System - Computer Aided Design for Playmobil ) and I am sure that Playmo fans in other forums have discussed it, as well.

It is a great idea Indianna! Having a software like that can indeed ''bridge'' the generation gaps!!!

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 23:17:55 »
Sorry for digging up a bit of an old thread  :-[

I started playing the piano last year, and when I saw this (and it's price tag, I mean it's only € 10 and I got the batteries with it for free!) I had to have it!  :) It's been sitting on my real piano since I got it, but my Victorian piano should be arriving soon and I'm hoping to find a second copy of the piano to put on the real piano. (We also have a new piano since this week, and the Victorian resembles it much more than the previous one.  ;D )

About the piano (up here, we call this type a 'vleugelpiano' which would translate into 'wing'piano because of it's shape. A 'regular' piano would be called a buffet piano.), I do like it a lot. Playmobil has put a lot of effort into this, for example the strings that are visible and the fact you can choose to show the piano with the 'wing' open or closed. It's a bit sad that the battery box is so big, but it does have two tunes. By hitting one side of the keys, it plays 'here comes the bride' and by hitting the other side another familiar wedding tune. Overall, I think the piano is a succes but I hope it ages properly... (as in, not yellowing...) A black or brown one would be most welcome!  :D

While the piano is great, I don't think the rest of the set is that great. An exception is made for the sheet music (love it when they actually print the notes instead of some lines). This is a great touch and makes it all a bit more realistic. I do think the stool isn't a good choice. Being a pianoplayer myself, I've never seen anyone play piano on such a stool. A small piano bench would have been more appropriate. (White bench with black leather or so...) I also don't like the pianoplayer  :P ;D . It's something about him, like the combo of that moustache with the long hair that doesn't fit a wedding pianoplayer. The chandeleer is a nice plus on this set.

But yeah, the Victorian set is way better. I like this set, but I love the Victorian one. It has a Beethoven bust, a proper stool, etc. Then again, I believe this set is cheaper. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who collects Playmobil instruments or as a present for a pianoplayer you know.  :)
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 23:44:32 »
...I do think the stool isn't a good choice. Being a piano player myself, I've never seen anyone play piano on such a stool. A small piano bench would have been more appropriate. (White bench with black leather or so...)

Not quite the right colour but how about the stool from this set for the piano stool? (it could be painted)
http://playmodb.org//backs/5324_back.jpg

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 00:12:27 »
That might do nicely.  :) The main problem is that he actually can't 'sit' on it, he has to have his legs half stretched in order to 'sit'. (he only sits on the border of the stool.)
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 06:36:37 »
Altough I'm a medieval collector, I still bought the piano as I'm a piano player myself. I like it a lot! I don't have the old upright piano but I do have a real one   :)  :)