Author Topic: Quick : Playmobil Super 4 offert dans la MagicBox  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Quick : Playmobil Super 4 offert dans la MagicBox
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 20:41:28 »
Maybe Birdie could help out more generally?
I remember she was rather sucessful on a previous occasion in her local Quick...
And she is a teacher, if I´m not mistaking... so perhaps she could take along a whole bunch of kids  :P

I teach English to 16 to 18-year-old guys who are training to become car technicians and such, not quite their target audience either  :P

I'm afraid I'm back to working full-time, so I can't do what I did last time. I went to every Quick restaurant in a radius of 10 km, (and went back several times), to gather all the figures needed. It completely depends on the goodwill of the manager of that particular restaurant, or the employees that happen to be working at the time, whether you have to pay for an entire kids menu or not.
And they only get certain clickies during certain weeks, so they never have all the figures to choose from at once.

All I did was just tell them I'm a Playmobil collector and that I was on a mission for Playmobil collectors from around the world who were dying to get their hands on the exclusive figures. They didn't laugh, I swear, at least not until I was out of sight  ;)

That said, I sometimes order a kids meal at McDonalds, for instance if I'm not that hungry or in the mood for baby carrots along with a plain cheese burger. Nobody cares.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 21:43:19 »
I teach English to 16 to 18-year-old guys who are training to become car technicians and such, not quite their target audience either  :P

You could try to point out they´re just a bit tall for their age  :P

I went to every Quick restaurant in a radius of 10 km, (and went back several times)

There is only 1 Quick-restaurant in my entire area...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 14:11:52 »
All I did was just tell them I'm a Playmobil collector and that I was on a mission for Playmobil collectors from around the world who were dying to get their hands on the exclusive figures. They didn't laugh, I swear, at least not until I was out of sight  ;)

Wow, nice! :)
~Pynedor~

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 15:07:46 »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well.. I suppose they must get that with some "series", right?

I wish McDs did that here :(  Best we ever got was CocaCola stuff.. and more recently I had to stop - no room :(  (ok, and I don't think I could survive it either)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 08:40:10 »
I'm afraid I'm back to working full-time, so I can't do what I did last time. I went to every Quick restaurant in a radius of 10 km, (and went back several times), to gather all the figures needed. It completely depends on the goodwill of the manager of that particular restaurant, or the employees that happen to be working at the time, whether you have to pay for an entire kids menu or not.
And they only get certain clickies during certain weeks, so they never have all the figures to choose from at once.

(sorry to be so late to this discussion, I missed it back in December)

Those efforts were truly appreciated, Birdie. You risked obesity, humiliation, ridicule, travel sickness and much more for fellow collectors!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 20:58:08 »
Those efforts were truly appreciated, Birdie. You risked obesity, humiliation, ridicule, travel sickness and much more for fellow collectors!

:lol:

I was happy to help, and I'm quite sorry I couldn't do more this time around  :(