Author Topic: Novelties 2016  (Read 7271 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Novelties 2016
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 07:46:01 »
I know...I can't wait for the new pony farm and horse/pony sets. They look awesome. How does that normally work for Canada...another year before we get them?

Yes, normally.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:12:01 »
Mostly just very disappointed with the new romans since there is not a single new thing in it. Just slightly different looking versions of the previous batch of romans.

Egyptians have some nice small sets, but the pyramid looks like a huge step back since its open and dark blue.

And why combine two historical themes into one? I am fine with both being released, but both deserve at least two pages of their own. I really want them to take the historic themes seriously again.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 09:23:10 »
I really want them to take the historic themes seriously again.

Sadly, if we look at the history of the world, few people take history seriously.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 09:54:36 »
The Rapunzel hair is a must for me.

Interesting that they highlight the age difference between Caesar and Cleopatra. Do children really need to know that Caesar was 31 years older? I think it's interesting, but it could send a wrong message to children that age differences don't matter.

It is a strange thing to mention, but I suppose children won't know enough history to understand why the age difference would be frowned upon in the modern world.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 10:59:23 »

Interesting that they highlight the age difference between Caesar and Cleopatra. Do children really need to know that Caesar was 31 years older? I think it's interesting, but it could send a wrong message to children that age differences don't matter.

My father was 30 years older than my stepmother when they married (he was 60 and she was 30) and they were happily married for just short of 30 years.  Cleopatra seems to have been 20 or 21 when she met Julius Caesar,  so it's certainly not a child/adult relationship.  It's not age difference that matters as such, but absolute ages.  If people can't get hold of that, then they really do have problems.   Also, when we read of marriages between 14 and 15 year olds in the past, these were often marriages in legal terms but not in physical terms until the two were older.

What are we to draw from the fact that Cleopatra was married to her brother, btw?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 16:36:59 »
Looking at the new pictures from the Toy Fair, I think the Pyramid looks a lot better than we all thought that it would.  It's still weird being blue, but it's not the bright blue that the original photos had us to believe.

I'm really hoping that with the NHL sets they will include the remaining teams.  They have just over half of them now.

I'm really excited with the looks of the new Forest theme and summer camp.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 18:37:31 »
Well its good for my wallet. Only the duopacks has some stuff I really like a lot. But nothing else at all. Well nothing from the themes I have.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 21:40:25 »
The Roman shield is a new shape with a different handle to allow the creation of a proper turtle formation, that is very new - the old shield couldn't really do that well.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 21:58:01 »
Looking at the new pictures from the Toy Fair, I think the Pyramid looks a lot better than we all thought that it would.  It's still weird being blue, but it's not the bright blue that the original photos had us to believe.

Really? I felt the opposite... I didn't think it looked very bad on the first pics, but now... Meh.... The color works a lot worse than I thought... and ... well... it looks weird, like half was torn. Maybe it's in a museum in London?   ???

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 17:40:04 »
The German site has been updated to add all the 2016 sets, so I've turned on the vacuum and sucked them all into PlaymoDB. Quite a few have spare parts - the first half or so, up to Camping, have newly made parts available as spares, while later ones (fashion, police, cruise, princesses) have just a few recycled ones as of now. Only the Ponies and fire-and-ice-action have plans.

Here they all are! enjoy!
PlaymoDB List - Sets Released In 2016
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!