Author Topic: THE BLACK PEARL (Pirates of the Caribbean) aka Playmobil 3286 / 3940 custom  (Read 33618 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
I love it when people toot there own horn. When you do stuff like this you are entitled to Atto!

Can't wait to see your next works but for now I will come back to these pictures again and again :-)

Do you have a crew for her?

custom cursed pirates including cursed and uncursed versions of jack sparrow

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=6489.0

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:09:52 by BlackPearl2006 »
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Some unfortunate news:

I had the Pearl on the table and its bowsprit caught on my jacket as I walked by.... the entire ship was dragged by my jacket and crashed to the floor!

Suprisingly, it is 99% intact, but the top yard of the square sail on the mizzen mast SNAPPED IN HALF!

So, I now have to replace the broken yard , which also means re-lashing the sail to the new yard, and pretty much RE-RIGGING most of the entire mizzen mast/sails.  grrrr

the good news is until now i've been using wooden dowels for my masts and yards, and so far I've suffered a few breaks in the wood on different ships (when handled roughly)...BUT....I recently discovered CARBON FIBER RODS of the same diameter, and they're already molded in black.

So I plan to replace this broken yard with a carbon fiber replacement.  Carbon fiber is strong, but flexible, and won't break as easily.  I plan to use carbon fiber for all my future mast/yard applications on future ships.  Only problem is, while the wooden dowels are less than 25 cents a piece, the carbon fiber counterpart is $7 dollars!  So I'll have to wait on repairing the mizzen until more funds come my way.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Sorry to hear that Atto... Hope you repair her soon and restore her to her glory!!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
Accidents do happen, they are in a little corner is what a dutch saying states. Fortunately, it's mostly intact.

Btw did not see this thread before, and I was now fan of the ghost pirates, but now I've seen yours!!  :love: :love:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
In this case it can't be classified as battledamage into the ship's log... ;)
Luckily she sustained no major damage to the hull or deck!!  :)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Beautiful custom ship, Atto! I hate when something like that happens :hmm:, I hope her repairs go without a problem! BTW, what is the estimate for repairs turn key ???, $7.00 plus =?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Oh, you must have a heart attack when it fell to the floor!!! :o Glad to hear the damage was light. Hope it'll be all fixed up very soon!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Well, first of all, what a beautiful ship!

Secondly, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your ship mends well! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Sad to hear Atto, but I'm sure she will be even better than before after her repairs

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Wow!  The Black Pearl turned out great! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Your functional and realistic rigging take first prize for sure.
And it doesn't sink..!

I think promotion to Playmo Admiral of the Fleet is in order! ;D

Great job Atto!

Happy sailing,
Jimbo