Author Topic: Custom Ghost Pirates!  (Read 3510 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Custom Ghost Pirates!
« on: December 15, 2010, 00:55:13 »
Hello all!

Here are some custom ghost pirates I fashioned to crew my Black Pearl ship.  I actually bought two of the same ghost-pirate-3-pack, a special pirate captain, and the two pirates that come with the 5901 ghostship.  Also a playmo skeleton that I turned into cursed Jack Sparrow.

For the duplicate 3-pack of pirates, I switched around arms and legs and heads and hair to create unique pirates.  All of the stock ghost pirates were very colourful and bright (TOO BRIGHT for my purposes) and looked silly when crewing the all-black Black Pearl, so I toned them down by painting them with blacks and browns and dark bluish greys.

Here they are in a group shot.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
Re: Custom Ghost Pirates!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 00:55:39 »
Here are the custom Captain Barbosa and first mate stand-ins for now.  Barbosa has a new beard and hair, and painted cuffs and boots.  First mate has new hair and custom paint as well.

Second pic is of the motley crew, switched heads/arms/accessories, and painted accents to muted colours.

Third pic are my custom TWINS.  One is a double pistol sharp shooter, the other is a double bladed katana sword wielder!  Stay away from this deadly pair!

Lastly, the special ghost pirate stand-alone figure repainted with muted colour :)  I really like this guy.  He strikes me as French, hehe :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:11:23 by BlackPearl2006 »

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 00:55:55 »
Lastly here is my custom cursed Jack Sparrow using a Playmobil skeleton and some pirate garb taken from various playmo pirates, including a pirate hat, vest, red bandana (used as a sash), baldric, rusty sword, and pirate pistol!

I also cut off the boots (feet) from a poor un-suspecting pirate, then cut off the feet of the skeleton pirate and drilled holes in the boots.  I then dremelled the skeleton legs to have peg-ends to plug into the boots so the skeleton Jack Sparrow could have boots!  He's not done yet, as he sorta looks (is) pants-less, and I'm trying to figure out out to put some pants on him, at least partially. 

You'll notice cursed jack is a little different from uncursed Jack.  I chose a different style hat, vest, and sword, particularly, as they were "ragged versions" of his normal garb.  The vest is a ragged-edged pirate vest, as is the tricorn, and the sword is also beaten and worn (and rust-coloured).  I still want to add a red bandana to the cursed jack's head.  All of these are works in progress :D

First pic is cursed Jack Sparrow fighting cursed Barbossa.

And lastly, cursed Jack Sparrow fighting UNcursed Jack Sparrow!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:17:42 by BlackPearl2006 »

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 01:28:35 »
Excellent work :wow:! I knew you would get around to doing the Black Pearl custom ghost figures ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 03:23:24 »
They look great! I haven't really paid attention to the whole ghost pirate theme before, not my kind of thing. But you've made me appreciate them more! I like your customs a lot better than the originals.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:31:46 »
i agree great work :rock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 05:55:18 »
Excellent work matie!!!  :captain:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:27 »
Wow I love captain Barbosa!!
Well done!!!!  :xholly:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:18 »
Well done, BlackPearl!   :clap: :clap: 
The skeleton pirate is real cool :)9

Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 15:28:59 »
Excellent customs, and the toned down paint is just the job.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”