Author Topic: Mystery Series 4 figures on sale in UK  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Mystery Series 4 figures on sale in UK
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 19:04:26 »
Does DS let you order mystery figures?

Since about a week or so, Playmobil-Germany announced they will take (only German I assume) orders for "missing" series-figures, but it is aimed at people (mainly kids) who missed out on a specific figure and who want it to complete their collection.
They said stock of previous series is very limited and anyone asking for x,y,z-numbers of a specific figure will get a door slammed in the face.
Not sure if other DS-departments will also offer the (limited) service.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 19:55:43 »
Since about a week or so, Playmobil-Germany announced they will take (only German I assume) orders for "missing" series-figures, but it is aimed at people (mainly kids) who missed out on a specific figure and who want it to complete their collection.
They said stock of previous series is very limited and anyone asking for x,y,z-numbers of a specific figure will get a door slammed in the face.
Not sure if other DS-departments will also offer the (limited) service.

interesting development, thank for the news
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:42 »
That is interesting. I hope they bring that idea here. I generally don't collect multiples beyond 2 or 3 anyway.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 18:23:16 »
Having now opened all 96 packs, I was very pleased to find 4 of every figure except the king (I got 8 "mad scientists" instead)
I have emailed DS in UK to request four packets of the missing king- lets see what they say!

I got a response! :)
DS uk sent me a king in a partly-opened bag  :)
Now I am just 3 kings short!  :(
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:36 »
I got a response! :)
DS uk sent me a king in a partly-opened bag  :)
Now I am just 3 kings short!  :(

I wonder if they had to identify it by feeling it or the code? I do not think they would opened up a whole bunch at random
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 11:44:36 »
I wonder if they had to identify it by feeling it or the code? I do not think they would opened up a whole bunch at random

The king's the most easy one to "feel" from the whole lot!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 19:59:34 »
I will have some spares to offer for sale to other PF members soon (at cost). Watch this space!
I am now offering three full sets for sale to PF members: see
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12648.msg236300#msg236300
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)