Author Topic: 5633 - Take Along Pet store  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
5633 - Take Along Pet store
« on: August 22, 2015, 19:08:49 »
The 5633 Take Along Pet Store is an export exclusive set this fall, currently available from Playmobil.us It hasn't shown up at any other retailers yet.

The box:

This set uses the same building as the 6020 Vacation House reviewed earlier by Raven

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5633 - Take Along Pet store
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 19:09:41 »
The box opened, how it's bagged, and the contents laid out:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 19:12:11 »
Here is the building structure, first as it comes out of the box and then with the interior panels applied and exterior stickers and pieces.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 19:16:54 »
Here are some photos of the furniture and accessories

As you see they follow the red and white structure theme through into some little houses for the animals, and the same roof on those goes on top of the white shelf unit. The stickers in this set are great and carry through the green plant decorative scheme from the walls, the outside front, and right onto the cases and counter.
Note also the nice stickers on the canned goods and the cute little signs that hang on the animal houses to identify them.

The backs of the animal houses are open making it easier to put animals inside and have them going through the door to the front compartment.

These two stands are included that have compartments that fit the small bags. Here they are shown with the bags in them as on the box. I don't really like them that way for this since it hides the great stickers on the bags.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 19:22:19 »

Here are all the contents of the set shown lined up. I have switched out the bags and put other accessories into the container units, so the bags and cans are on the shelf unit so you can see them better. All of the animals are shown here. There are two rabbits, the large newer style white one and a small black one. The turtle is a different combo of the shell and body, but colors that have existed for a while. Black kitten and recently common style of parrot.

And then there are the dog and puppy, unique to this set so far. The dog is in production in two other colors right now but this tan is new. The puppy is the first plain color one with painted eyes and nose.

Included in the set are various small accessories including a leash, and two colors of collar. There are also two different types of bow, but the only places to put them are on the puppies tail or the dark haired ladies hair.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 19:23:45 »
More views of the full interior

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 19:27:04 »
Here are the two klickies included, both women this time.

Overall I love this set. It is great to see a full pet shop set. They have had the pet shop interior add on for a few years but this is the first with a full structure. The little houses and shelf unit are great, I love the graphics on this one, and it just comes across as bright and happy. One other thing I love about it is that they didn't use any text on the signs, so it can easily be re-used for something else.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 19:32:23 »
For instance I have taken this set, the contents of the Sweet Shop carry box set and some other related items and put them together to make the Kit-Kat Sweet Shop.

So very useful and fun in a number of ways. As an unrelated aside here - when I put the parts together for the Sweet Shop I noticed that the donuts in the Birthday Party set are a different color of brown from those in the sweet shop carry set. The multi-part cakes are also different colors as well of course, as is the cake in the 6441 Fast Food Restaurant add-on.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 19:34:52 »
That's it for this review. A great set in my favorite theme with lots of fun useful stuff. The price is $39.99 in the US right now, a little high I think, but the contents are great and if you can get it on sale it is well worth it.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 19:47:23 »
That is a fun set!  Your right about the lack of specific branding on the structure leaves it free for other uses, which is definitely a major bonus.  Your sweet shop is great!