Author Topic: Wondering if Geobra will follow LEGO (no recycled plastic)  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Wondering if Geobra will follow LEGO (no recycled plastic)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2023, 01:11:45 »

I also wonder about longevity
A product with the word 'wilt' in it doesn't suggest longevity. Why is it called this? Will we see rotopia and decaytopia in future? Because composting is not the same as recycling.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2023, 12:10:13 »
A product with the word 'wilt' in it doesn't suggest longevity. Why is it called this? Will we see rotopia and decaytopia in future? Because composting is not the same as recycling.

Darn good question ….Wilt ?

:lol: Decaytopia . Put your Playmobil in the compost bin and watch them melt away , oh the Germans have a wickedly dark sense of humor

Dissolve-topia
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 12:13:44 »

WILT:

verb: wilt; 3rd person present: wilts; past tense: wilted; past participle: wilted; gerund or present participle: wilting
(of a plant, leaf, or flower) become limp through heat, loss of water, or disease; droop.
h
Similar:
droop
sag
become limp
become flaccid
flop
wither
shrivel (up)
h
Opposite:
thrive
flourish
(of a person) lose one's energy or vigor.
h
Similar:
languish
flag
lose energy
become listless
feel weak/faint
droop
sag
h
Opposite:
perk up
noun
noun: wilt
any of a number of fungal or bacterial diseases of plants characterized by wilting of the foliage.
"these varieties are more resistant to aphids and wilt"
Origin

late 17th century (originally dialect): perhaps an alteration of dialect welk ‘lose freshness’, of Low German origin.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Nightlioness

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • ~Owner of Nathimus~
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 18:30:34 »

I think it's more like: Wild Topia, remove the D and put them together to create Wiltopia. The plastics will not rot nor decompose, it's still plastic. L

Offline Nightlioness

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • ~Owner of Nathimus~
    • My Instagram Page
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2023, 18:33:01 »
Wiltopia is made of 80% recycled refrigerator plastics. That is the reason also for some of the off the mark colors typical for Wiltopia, they are ussually less saturated because refrigerator plastic already is full of white pigments, no matter what amount of different pigments you add, you'll always end up with a pastel effect.

I love the difference in colors, makes great collectors items :D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 07:01:36 »
I think it's more like: Wild Topia, remove the D and put them together to create Wiltopia. The plastics will not rot nor decompose, it's still plastic. L

I wondered if the name derived from a combination of 'Welt' (German: world) and 'utopia.'  Whatever the origin, its perhaps not the greatest name.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 07:07:35 »
Well, the colors are nice (though they match nothing)...

Except when they use different colors for the same animal, making ridiculous dolphins, and then blame it on the recycled thing. When they finally READ the darn messages :(

So, in a set where the big big huge deal is the animals... at least one of them is ridiculously messed up.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 07:55:19 »
I love the difference in colors, makes great collectors items :D
Variety is always welcome for sure.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 11:10:34 »

Yes I'm sure it's that. In German (and Dutch) the word 'wild' (same meaning as the English 'wild') is pronounced with a hard 't' at the end. So in German Wild-topia > Wiltopia makes perfect sense.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2023, 14:27:06 »
I also quite like the colours. It definitely looks a bit more 'sophisticated' than the regular line, so I could see it appealing to a certain set of parents (I once read an article that said that Playmobil's success was built upon making the sort of toys that middle class parents want their children to like  :lol:)