Author Topic: 2015 Releases  (Read 8031 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
2015 Releases
« on: January 28, 2015, 16:24:04 »
The Nuremberg Toyfair has started and we can now discuss what's in the rest of the 2015 catalog. As soon as they post it publicly at one of the sites someone can link to it for the non-PCC members to look at.
Generally I am pretty happy about the year, the new zoo and forest themes have some great new animal molds. The farm theme is a bit disappointing in the animals with just some new painted eyes and such but it's a nice looking theme. Animals wise they have released about the same number of new ones this year as last, in the range of 50 new variations and molds all together. New post about all that at Animoblog linked in my signature.

Love the new small space theme - nice to see them going for something more realistic. It's what collectors have suggested for a while. Hopefully it will sell well. The new furniture sets for the dollhouse are nice, would be good if the house itself wasn't so pink but at least that way they left the furniture alone. Pirates aren't too thrilling for me. Some ok figures but the hat dangles are a bit silly and the ships don't seem much of an improvement over the classic ones. I guess I will need the zamboni from the hockey theme for keeping the lake at Santa's castle nice and smooth for the hockey playing elves. Will be interesting to see how the hockey thing looks in TV ads or reviews with people actually playing with it. Will it be as good or better than the soccer?

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 2015 Releases
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 16:42:58 »
I am loving the new Zoo, The Outdoors, Water Park, and Children's Daycare, Children's Hospital, and Hockey game... Going to be an expensive year
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 16:49:30 »
Thank you for the very informative blog! I really like the new animals. Great to see them all!
I was wondering about the new beaver I remember reading somewhere it was a darker Brown than the old ones.

I have bought some of the new zoo bags last week. I think they are quite expensive 6 euro's for two Alpaca's. The adult is smaller than the Great Dane... They're very cute though!
I also bought the chimpansees and the orang oetans.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 17:32:39 »
Thank you for the very informative blog! I really like the new animals. Great to see them all!
I was wondering about the new beaver I remember reading somewhere it was a darker Brown than the old ones.

I have bought some of the new zoo bags last week. I think they are quite expensive 6 euro's for two Alpaca's. The adult is smaller than the Great Dane... They're very cute though!
I also bought the chimpansees and the orang oetans.

That does sound expensive and not accurately proportioned. Alpacas in our area are bigger than ponies but not as big as a horse
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 18:10:18 »
The Nuremberg Toyfair has started and we can now discuss what's in the rest of the 2015 catalog. As soon as they post it publicly at one of the sites someone can link to it for the non-PCC members to look at.

Here is the link for the new sets:

http://www.playmobil.de/NOVELTIES15.html

Playmo_80
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 18:19:11 »
Thanks for the link.

Yes, the alpacas are way undersized. They should be at least a third to half larger than they are.

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 18:50:48 »
Photo By MICHAELA REHLE/REUTERS

This house doesn't look so "pinky"  ;)

Playmo_80

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 19:23:33 »
other pictures

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 19:24:36 »
Pink is still pink. Have you ever looked at a real house painted pink? Even if the pink is muted, it's still a pink house at the end of the day. Now I am just hoping that it is expandable, paint will have to cure the bad color choices that geobra did. a house with a blue roof, really?

Just goes to show how much class the design team had with the 5300

Thanks for the close up picture, playmo 80  :wave:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 19:27:38 »
Oh my, the second picture where the house is in the background.....the house is so narrow, it's only one wall deep? More like a take along

Let me guess, geobra will say that kids chose, through extensive market research, that they preferred a smaller house...easier to clean, set up and store.